Monday, July 25, 2016

Weekend Recap & The Biggest Mixing Bowl Salad EVER!


Good afternoon friends!

Monday's post is kicking off a bit later in the day here. It has been a busy weekend with the new arrival of our puppy girl Nala. If you weren't aware of this new addition, you can read all about it in last week's post here!

Since I work Saturdays, Ryan was on puppy duty Friday night and got to hang out with Nala all day Saturday. That being said, Sunday we all ventured out of the house and went for a road trip to... PETSMART!


Nala of course fell asleep in the cart as we puttered around the store. She got some new toys and is currently chewing on Bernie the bunny as we speak. No, not Bernie Sanders.

Other than our trip to Petsmart, Sunday was pretty low key. It's funny having a puppy, you know. As much fun as it is, a lot of time is spent waiting for them to wake up so you can take them outside to go pee. Yeah, I know. That is what life has become. In all seriousness though, it has been a fun few days and we are still cherishing the snuggly moments as Nala is getting busier and busier as the days go on!


Since Nala isn't sleeping through the night yet, we usually go out for two bathroom breaks in the night. I am on puppy duty for another night, and last night we fell asleep together on the couch. Ryan snapped this picture of us this morning before he went to work - ah, I die. So cute.

In between morning and lunch time, say 1 o'clock, Nala and I went on a few car rides. Stop #1 was the vet to book her next appointment for shots, and the second was a road trip (this was probably an eternity for Nala, but it was really only a 15 minute drive) to my grandma's house. My grandma has yet to meet Nala, so I thought it would be fun to go for a little drive and say hello! Of course, she fell in love and Nala fell asleep in the grass. Typical. We visited for over an hour before driving home for lunch.

Speaking of lunch, I wanted to share something I ate today. No, not my usual oatmeal. Not my usual chicken, rice & veggies for lunch. The last two nights we have had burgers for dinner - salmon burgers, and then last night I had a veggie burger. While this is great and all, the bread certainly didn't make me feel good! So, I am on operation hydration today to help flush some of that bread from my system. Does anyone feel like bread sits like a rock in their stomach? Yeah, not a good feeling! Today's lunch was about veggies. ALL the veggies. I zipped to the store yesterday evening and stocked up on some greens, veggies, and all around healthy goodness. Here is what I whipped up today:


Wait, is that in a mixing bowl?

You know, the size of bowl you would use to have multiple servings of salads for multiple people?

Wait, aren't you the only one eating this?

Yes, and yes. And it was delicious.


What's in it? Well, everything!

Spring mix, carrots, yellow pepper, a veggie burger patty chopped up for some protein, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, a sprinkle of Craisins, kimchi, and a homemade dressing.

The dressing is so easy, too! All you need is two cloves of garlic, a few BIG scoops of tahini, a splash of olive oil, splash of raw apple cider vinegar (I recommend the Bragg's brand), another splash of water, LOTS of cracked black pepper, a touch of pink Himalayan pink salt & a squeeze of lemon. Blend it all together in a blender and voila, you are done!

It is super creamy and tasty, but is free of dairy or any strange additives that you'd normally find in store bought salad dressings.

Well, there we have it! An update for you : ) I will catch you guys on Wednesday with a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment