Friday, July 29, 2016

5 Things Friday - Mostly Food Edition



Of course this little munchkin is part of my favourite things this week. It has officially been a week since Nala came home, and she is fitting into the household so well. Despite the lack of sleep from taking her out to pee at various hours of the night (or early morning, rather), things are going well and she is growing and growing like crazy!

I had to add that picture again. She is just so dang cute!

Moving right along...


I used to be all about the rice cakes during my competition prep, and they are making a comeback now! They are a great snack pre-dinner, or if you need to eat something before a workout or run. I have been on an almond butter kick lately, so I like to top mine with almond butter and hemp seeds (for extra protein), or almond butter and jam is a yummy combination too if you like things on the sweeter side!


This has been my go-to combination to put in my diffuser during the night. Ryan says he has been able to breathe through his nose better lately, and I am wondering if these little guys have anything to do with that. Soon enough my collection of essential oils will grow!


Mmm strawberries! Nothing beats fresh organic strawberries. They taste as if they were freshly picked from the backyard - can't go wrong with that!


Yeah, I know. It's probably not the most healthy sweetener alternative to add. Anything that is no sugar and no calories is probably 100% crap, but I have been loving this in my morning coffee. I am not a fan of simply putting sugar in my coffee. I need a little somethin' somethin' extra! A little goes a long way with these syrups too... Not that I have the mocha and white chocolate flavour or anything. If you have a Winners or HomeSense near you, you will find them there!

---

That is everything! I hope you guys had a great week and I will catch ya in the next one : )

No comments:

Post a Comment