Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Best Blueberry Oatmeal

Good morning & Happy Wednesday! Gotta make it through today and tomorrow, and then Friday off for Canada Day! What does everyone have planned?

I wanted to pop in this morning and share my favourite oatmeal recipe. If you are a long time blog reader, you know oatmeal is my jam. It's the reason I wake up in the morning (aside from coffee), and it's what I look forward to after a morning run. Crazy, right? When it comes to breakfast, I am all about easy. The best thing about oatmeal is that you can put it on low, jump in the shower, and it is pretty much done when you are. Note: it can also burn easily if it's not stirred, so keep that in mind before you start a load of laundry with your oats on high heat ; )

First things first, the ingredients:


- 1/3 cup (dry) oats. Rogers is my favourite brand because it also has wheat bran and flax seed in it.
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds (more if you like!)
- Cinnamon to taste
- A sprinkle of Craisins, raisins, or a seed of your choice. I used Craisins in my oats.
- A sprinkle of hemp seeds
- Big ol' scoop of natural peanut butter
- Blueberries (pictured below on the page)


Add all ingredients except hemp seeds, craisins, blueberries & peanut butter. Allow the oats to cook until they start to thicken up.


Add blueberries and cook until they become soft. Take off the heat and let stand for 2-3 minutes.


Place oats in a bowl and top with the rest of the goodies. You can also switch the hemp seeds out for sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or add shredded coconut for a little somethin' somethin'.

And that's it! Enjoy with a big mug of coffee and you are good to go.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment