Monday, September 23, 2013

Oreo Dances, Video Update + Weekly Workouts


Hello, Monday!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was filled with running, food, family and kitty snuggles, as per usual. Sunday morning was spent at home lounging, eating breakfast and dancing.

Or rather, Oreo was "dancing" with the help of B, and I filmed it and laughed.


So, yeah! That was a thing. A super funny thing. My favourite part is when she looks at the camera. You can tell she wants to claw my eyes out, but something about that funky Grand Theft Auto 5 music holds her back. Thanks for sparing my eyesight, cat.

I debated whether I wanted to run in the morning (ugh, getting up early!) or in the evening. Since I ventured into Nanaimo with my mom around 10, I figured I would save it until the evening. The problem with not doing something right away is that any motivation you once had quickly dwindles away, and you're left sprawled out on the couch asking your boyfriend if you should run or lay there a little bit longer. True story. "You could go for a walk. Or like a power walk," Brandon suggested.

Well, if I walk then I might as well run. So I completed my scheduled 6 mile run and watched YouTube videos (as per usual) on the treadmill. I kept my pace super easy (something about walking around in rainboots for 6+ hours made my toes a little sore).

This is what my mileage/workouts looked like for the week:


Find me on DailyMile here!

This week's not so good run: 4 miler on Wednesday. This was the day I switched my shoes half-way through the run as I was experiencing some heel pain. The day I wrote this post is when I did a hill workout that made my calves super sore. However, with that being said, I am going to add more hill workouts since I am about 3-ish weeks out from my next half marathon. Gotta toughin' up!

So, while we were in Nanaimo, my mom and I went to Costco and browsed around (and had some super good samples - bonus!). While we were there, she picked up a twin-pack of this four bean salad. Let me tell you. That stuff was so good! Sweet with a hint of vinegar, and a mix of red beans, green beans, chickpeas and wax beans? I think wax beans. Anyway, if you have a Costco near you, I highly suggest checking it out. The brand is Paisley Farms and has a white label and black lid. Once we were full of samples and trail mix (they have a killer trail mix with M&Ms in it... You can't go wrong), we wandered to the mall. Good news, Nanaimo shoppers. David's Tea is opening soon! This is either going to be really great or really bad for me. I might start drinking even MORE tea knowing that it's closer to refill my stock!

Below is a quick little update about the Nanaimo trip, which includes a "gift" you could say (thanks, mama!) and some dinner.


I am off to do some yoga! Hope you all have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment