Sunday, September 15, 2013

A TV Series Obsession + Campfire Fun


The latest TV series B and I have been watching is called 4400. It's on Netflix, so I highly suggest checking it out! It's a little sci-fi crime mystery-ness and will get you on the edge of your seat at some points. I love it! We spent an evening watching a couple episodes, and I prepared a spread of snacks instead of a full on meal for dinner.

And I had to share this photo with you. Does Oreo NOT look like Grumpy Cat's cousin or something? Hilarious. That cat cracks me up!


Friday's fitness: I told myself that my running goal for the afternoon would be between 6-8 miles. However, I kinda got in the zone and ended up running 10 instead. Hey, I'll take it! Long run done!

It was followed by a 6 mile run on Saturday. Shweeeeaty.


After my run, it was time to get cleaned up and head to the parentals for a campfire! 


My B man was a huge help when I ended up burning my fingers on the sticks. Note: when the roasting sticks are beside the fire, they are probably still hot. Grab them at the handles only. When we got home he bandaged up the burns and all was okay with the world (after I stopped whining).

Here are our goodies:


Chips and salsa, other chips (that were so spicyyyyyyyy. I could only eat two before my mouth was on fire and tears were coming out of my eyes (dramatic enough?)) , hot dogs, and s'mores. I actually had one of the Yves veggie dogs, and I gotta say, they weren't bad at all! That's not to say that I will be eating them every day, but it's nice to know I won't have to just eat chips and salsa at a campfire!

Although those were good too. And s'mores. Oh, how I love s'mores.


B & mom ready to get their roast on! Watch out!


Cozy slipper socks are the best footwear for outdoor festivities. Good thing I didn't step in any dog poop!

Then this morning I did some reading and coffee drinking.


FYI, the October issue of Runner's World is fantastic! Plus there's a fun running quiz inside. I remember searching for fun quizzes online when I was younger and doing everyone I could find in all those tweenie-bopper magazines I would read. So fun!

Then once I sat down, this happened.


Hard to get any reading done with this little miss muffin cuddles up right on your magazine. She's so cute, I can't help but let her.

Then I hopped on the treadmill and busted out a 6 mile tempo run. I played a LOT with speed during this run. Sprinting followed by slower recovery periods, then gradually increasing speed every minute, then more recovery, then sprinting. It made the run super fun and the time went by so fast!

I followed my run with lots of stretching and a post-run yoga sequence courtesy of YouTube. You can never go wrong finding what you need on there! A quick upperbody workout using weights happened as well targeting back, biceps, and then I threw in some lunges just because. I've been slackin' on the strength training, so I'm bringing it back into rotation!

Anyway, time to continue watching 4400. Things are getting GOOD, and I can't turn off the tv! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment