Monday, July 15, 2013

Forrest Gump, Meet Jillian Michaels


Rewind to Saturday's sweat-fest: 8 gloriously sweaty miles after the work day. The original plan was to run 6, but I was feelin' in the zone while reading the latest issue of Runner's World magazine, so I kept going. Like Forrest Gump said, "I just felt like running."

Sunday was uneventful. After a long day of work I headed to my parents' house for dinner. Veggie burger (sans bun) with Caesar salad and shrimp, steamed veggies, and corn was on the menu. Super tasty, and filled me right up! I have been doing well with fueling my body with healthy things this week, so here's hoping I didn't just jinx that (wouldn't that be my luck) and it continues on! Gotta practice that willpower.

Now it brings us today, my "Saturday". Fortunately I have a Sunday, too! This whole two days off in a row thing is nice. Let's hope it sticks around for a while.

I started off the morning with some Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. It has been far too long since I've done this workout (I used to do level one for ten days, then level two for ten, repeat) a couple years ago.


It focuses more on strengthening the body rather than flexibility. You use your own body weight for the poses and flow through sun salutations and the other moves quickly to get your heart rate up. Note: you most likely will not lose 5lbs per week doing this workout - nice try, Jillian. Anyway, it was a nice way to start the day before some shopping!

Oh, shopping. I love you. My bank account does not (nor does my credit card). So, if anyone wins the lottery, feel free to help a sista out. Now taking donations for my Lululemon clothing collection.

I may have added two new pieces to that collection, by the way. It is so hard to say no!

Voyage Hoodie & Step Lively Crop

 


 The crops have a drawstring cord at the end of the legs so you can bunch them up and adjust the length according to your preference. I'm wearing them as we speak! They are fantastic for going to and from the gym, hangin' out, loungin' about (my favourite hobby aside from sweating profusely) and just about anything else. These pants are so lightweight and literally feel like you are naked. BUT, (butt? No, no, my bad) we keep things rated G over here so none of that funny business.

I also purchased some goodies from Forever21, so look out for a post in the new future with that haul!

After I came home and hung around for a bit, bored out of my mind, I decided that I should go for a run. So, I laced up my shoes, grabbed my bag and headed to the gym. While I was there I completed a 4.2 mile tempo-like run. I didn't have a set plan of attack, so I suppose it was more of a fartlek run (laugh all you want - it means speed play in Swedish!). It was sweaty nonetheless and got my heart pumpin!

Side note: I had oatmeal for dinner rather than breakfast this morning. I know. Playing games and tricking my mind, right!? Breakfast turned out to be a green monster smoothie with some cherry Greek yogurt. So tastaaayyy! Perfect for after yoga, too.

Time for this G-ma to hit the hay. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

Do you have a favourite workout clothing brand?
What did you have for breakfast this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment