Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beauty Tuesdays: New BUYS!


Beauty Tuesdays is BACK! Pretty sure I missed it last week too, but that's besides the point. This evening Sarah and I ventured to Walmart after watching one too many beauty guru videos on YouTube. So, an impromptu visit to Wally world happened. I didn't buy a ton of beauty related products, but I figured I would share with you all the things I DID purchase.

1. LouLou magazine: I used to have a subscription to this magazine when I lived in Vancouver (pretty sure whoever is living in my apartment is still receiving them, unless it has run out), but I did not sign up again when I moved back on the island. ANYWAY. I decided to purchase this issue because A) it has Beyonce on the cover and you can't just bypass that and B) it is the Vancouver edition, so it will be interesting what they feature about my old stompin' grounds!

2. Herbal Essences Hydralicious Featherweight Shampoo "for hair that needs body": I actually quite like HE shampoos and conditioners. I received some for Christmas last year as part of my stocking gift from B, and not only do they smell delicious, they make your hair super silky too! Now I have two extra bottles of shampoo waiting for me when my current one runs out.

3. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser: "wakes you up for visibly brighter skin. caffeine, lemon and papaya." I was looking for a new cleanser to add to my skincare regime, and although I don't have acne or blemishes (which I thought Clean & Clear was all about), I figured this one seemed safer than the deeper cleansing options. After spending a good twenty minutes in front of all the cleansers, this is the one I picked. Fingers crossed my skin likes it!


Rewind to earlier in the day:
- Sit around until 11:30 drinking coffee, eating my usual oats & reading random things on the internet.
- Go for a run. Run 12.3 miles and then inhale an apple on the drive over to my parent's house. Also consume 2L of water, dying of thirst in the heat.


- Pick up sister from work
- Make a smoothie bowl. Eat dark chocolate peanut butter right off the spoon and broccoli with hummus
- Go to Starbucks. Mmmmmm. Iced caramel macchiatto, you are the bomb digs.
- Go to Walmart. Buy the products in the picture above as well as some necessary food items such as sprouted grain bread (so tasty), natural peanut butter and my favourite "morning" fruit: bananas.
- Come home and make pasta with veggie meatballs
- Watch This is 40 (currently) and write this blog post.

So exciting! The best thing? Slept in until 9. Not so great, early wake up for work tomorrow, but the day will fly by! Looking forward to being a little bit more productive, ha!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and a great start to the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment