Friday, March 22, 2013

No Motivation March, Dwight's Words of Wisdom & COOKIES!



Hello! Happy Friday!

Yesterday, I headed out the door (aka my bedroom door. My bed is like heaven) for my longest run yet of the month. I didn't work until noon, so I had lots of time to get some miles in. So, I did! I ran 12 miles, then got ready for the day.

Oh, and I went to the gym after work to do some upper body strength training. Needless to say, I was a little tired at the end of the day, and I slept in until 7:15 this morning. Yes, that is sleeping in for me, especially on a work day. Unfortunately, that seems to be the situation as of late - me sleeping in until 7, then complaining in my head about missing my morning run. I am trying to think of what I can do to break out of that rut. I even set THREE ALARMS this morning and slept through them all. Does that mean I am lazy, or just tired? Here's to sleeping in (past 7am) tomorrow morning!

And running some miles tomorrow. And Sunday. Gotta get the mileage back up, because I am falling WAY behind this March. I am calling it No Motivation March, although I may have found a spark of motivation around the middle of the month. Here's hoping that continues!


I have been hitting the gym frequently, and one of the things I do mostly there is lift weights.

Note to ladies: Weight lifting does not make you bulky. You would have to work ridiculously hard to get a body builder's physique, mainly because us women don't have the muscle building testosterone that men do. Go ahead and lift heavy. You will see better gains doing that than you would lifting puny-ass weights for 30 reps, ya hear?

What makes anyone bulky? Cupcakes. And not enough cardio and weights and activity in one's life. Thank you, Dwight, for your words of wisdom.

In all honesty though, you have to find balance between that cupcake and your active lifestyle. For instance, after my 12 mile run yesterday & gym sesh, I was pooped right out. I debated whether I should hit the gym for six miles (my legs feel good, for the most part), but I decided that I could afford the mental break. And I could afford some chocolate, too! After dinner, I washed my face, put a face mask on & made some fruity green tea. Then, it was snack time. Snack of the evening: celery with peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. It's like the good ol' celery + PB + raisins combo, only better because it's chocolate. And who doesn't love a little chocolate in their life!? I know I do! If you haven't tried it, please do. And if you haven't tried to find your balance between an active lifestyle with some wiggle room for treats here and there, I advise you to take some time to do so. You won't regret it!

Sarah & I also came up with a no-fuss cookie recipe, so here it is!
I don't have a picture at the moment, so stay tuned for that.

Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with slivered almonds and coconut

1 cup rolled oats (large flakes- not instant)
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup coconut
1/4 slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- adjust amounts according to your tastes! :)

Step one: Put all ingredients in a bowl
Step two: Mash it all together until it's all cohesive and the oats are all wet
Step three: Drop onto a greased cookie sheet. I coated mine with a thin layer of cooking spray, then used a tablespoon to measure the dough out.

Note: You can also flatten the dough on the cookie sheet so they aren't super crumbly.

Step four: Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the oats turn golden brown.

You can also add things like seeds and raisins to make them cleaner than with the chocolate chips! Balance :)


Using this picture again 'cause it's just so dang cute. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment