Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lululemon Fiend, Mini Grocery Haul & A Shout Out to MAMA!


Hey Lululemon, since I am decked out head-to-toe (and the tata's are tamed a la Tata Tamer from you people) in your garments, I think it's about time I get some kind of sponsorship from you. Look at all the free advertising!

I picked up this pullover last weekend when we were in Vancouver for the Maroon 5 concert. I'm not sure if I mentioned that on the blog, but it was killer! Such a good time with good people :) Anyway, I scored this beauty on sale, and the fun thing about it (aside from the stripes) is that it is reversible. Two for the price of one, kinda? I love me a good deal.

And neon orange.

And stripes.

And Lululemon.

I also purchased the Run: Pace Setter skirt (I have yet to wear it, but I am excited to give it a try & review it!) and the Runderunder pants or whatever they call them. They are basically the Wunder Unders for yoga, but for running.

Moving on. 


I wore this baby on a run/walk with my mom this morning. I came downstairs all excited about my fluorescent sweater, and she gave me one of those what-the-hell-are-you-wearing looks. "Mom, I'm wearing bright clothes so we don't get hit by cars. You are wearing all black!" Sounded like a good enough reason to me.

One thing I LOVE about this pullover is that it has thumb holes. Plus, it is super soft and comfortable, and doesn't ride up when you are on the go.

By the way, huge shout out to my mom for working HARD out there today! We completed 3.21 miles (I brought my Garmin with me (addicted) to track the distance/time) in three minutes LESS than her usual time. 

THANKS FOR TAKING ME WITH YOU TODAY MOM! I APOLOGIZE IF I KILLED YA, BUT YOU KILLED THE WORK OUT!
Proud of you!

Then, we came home and puttered around, and eventually found ourselves at the grocery store and the health food store. I made a list of things I wanted to buy, forgot the list, and bought stuff anyway. This is the story of my life. And this is what I purchased!


- Coconut/almond milk
- Vanilla almond protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Egg whites
- Goat cheese
- Sliced almonds
- Oatmeal
- Brown rice flour
- Coconut milk yogurt

I have felt much more alert and energized this week since I have stopped snacking on junky/sugary things. If you eat right, your body will treat you right in return. Like I say all the time, you can't out exercise a bad diet, and ultimately it's the food that shapes you!


So after lunch I headed out for my own 5 mile run. It felt good to get out there on the trail again and cruise along to some good tunes! If you haven't tried it before, go for a run and let your thoughts wander. It's amazing how good of a workout you get mentally and physically when you are running. Nothing better!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment