Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Skin Care Routine, Shopping Haul & a Fun Run


I cranked out an eight mile run this morning after some seed-filled every day oats and a quick sip of Brandon's coffee. My running route had some rolling hills, which when I drive along this road I don't notice, but it sure makes a difference when you physically have to push up them. It was a great challenge, and I am eager to get out there and extend this route in the coming months. If you know the area at all where I live, I ran from my house out to just past Bald Eagle camp site and back. My legs are feelin' it!

Once I was home, I stretched for a good fifteen minutes, did some quick ab and tricep moves, then showered and refueled with a big ol' salad with two over easy eggs. That is one of my go-to meals for lunches and dinners when I am starved!

I also convinced my sister to come to Nanaimo with me this afternoon rather than her afternoon classes. Is that being a bad influence? Muahaha. As we walked around the malls, our stomachs began to rumble and only one thing and ONE thing only was calling our names:


I had to add a few chocolate almonds and cookie dough pieces to it. You know, to balance out all that fruit! I haven't had froyo in such a long time, mainly because of the whole my-stomach-hates-dairy-thing, but I suffered through it. Suffer? Not really. It was delicious.

I tried to tell myself NOT to buy running clothes, but that thought went out the window when I scored two shirts at Winners. Apparently I'm on a purple kick, because I bought a silky purple shirt to wear to work as well.


And no Nanaimo trip is complete without perusing Chapters for at least an hour. I was going to buy the latest issue of Canadian Running magazine, but I'm 97% sure that I subscribed to it over Christmas, so I'm crossing my fingers it will pop up in the mail. I went with a Runner's World book about marathon training (thanks, Holly, because we couldn't read that in the picture), so I am excited to read it! I flipped through the pages and it looks like there is a lot of great information. I'll pass on anything that may benefit you runners out there, too!

And this was a sore muscle savior after half marathoning last year. If you have a LUSH Cosmetics store near you, you will love this!


This massage bar has cinnamon and peppermint essential oils in it, which makes it super stimulating for your muscles. The red beans in the bar are called kabuki beans, which help massage the solid body butter into your legs or wherever you are feeling sore. It does have quite a strong smell, so try to put this on at the end of the day before bed so nobody will have to smell ya ;)

More on skin care: This is what I am currently using for facial skin care. It's super important to take care of your skin, and since mine is dry and sensitive, there is a lot of trial and error when it comes to finding products that my skin actually LIKES. The following is what I am currently using without any issues:


First, I cleanse my skin with LUSH 9-5 cleansing lotion. Since it is a lotion, you basically rub it on your face and then wipe it off with a tissue or cotton ball. It is gentle, which is perfect for dry, sensitive skin!
Next, Eau Roma Water is spritzed onto my skin. I actually just purchased this today, but I like it already! It has rose water in it, so it is nice and calming.
My moisturizer of choice is Celestial, which is made of almond milk and also has vanilla in there as well. Again, this moisturizer is super gentle and calming.
For eye cream I love 100% Pure's coffee bean eye cream. The caffeine in there helps shrink under eye circles. I apply this after toning and before moisturizing my skin.
On days where I exfoliate, I use 100% Pure's superfruits scrub. I keep this in my shower, so it is easy to access and use. I exfoliate up to three times a week, but lately it has been more like two at the most. The winter season is always a surprise for my skin, but so far this skin care routine seems to be holding up.

What kind of products do you use on your skin? Any tried and true favourites?

Well, it is time to rescue my dinner! I can hear the veggies sizzlin' away on the stove. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment