Friday, January 11, 2013

Decide to Try & the BEST 20 Minute Work Out


Good evening! How was your Friday? Any big plans this weekend?

I kicked off my Friday with a treadmill run. Yes, the treadmill! To be honest, I do enjoy running outside more than the treadmill. The last two weeks spent frolicking outside in Mother Nature have been fantastic, and I've been able to push myself more physically out there on the hills. However, since it was super dark when I started running (I had a 9AM start at work, so running outside wasn't something I wanted to do right when I woke up), so to the treadmill I went. I kept it fairly easy, gradually increasing my pace in ten minute increments. Nothing crazy, but I felt great after! It's hard to regret a workout when you have all those endorphins flowing :)

After the work day was over, my family and I went to a local restaurant in town for dinner. The best thing about this place is that A) it is delicious and B) they will make breakfast for dinner providing it isn't too crowded. So, being the egg lover that I am, I went with a veggie omelet. It was stuffed with peppers, broccoli, onions, and mushrooms - A+! My dinner (breakfast?) was served with some homemade hash browns and some toast with jam. Is it weird that I was thinking about this exact meal while driving home from work this evening? I had a feelin'!

Since yesterday I didn't run, instead I did an easy 20 minutes on the elliptical. After Wednesday's 8 mile run extravaganza, my calves have been so sooore! It's a weird sore feeling too - not the standard aching pain, but it is slowly going away which is a plus. I debated whether I wanted to run or not, and although I did, I talked myself out of it and blamed it on the calves. Ah, you sneaky muscles, bein' all sore n stuffz!

Anyway, I took that as a sign to have no excuses and just DO IT today. Did it, done, feelin' good! That's the best thing about exercise. Work hard and earn your rest days!

With that, I leave you with the best 20 minute work out EVER. So effective.


Just a quick post here before bed - Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you have a fantastic night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment