Sunday, January 6, 2013

Master of Snack Combinations & the Recipe for Abs


Hello, everyone!

I hope your weekend has been fantastic! I wanted to write a post earlier today, but my hungry tummy distracted me and so did a movie this afternoon. Better late than never!

Rewind to yesterday: I came home wanting to run, but the rain and the fact that I haven't done any weight training this week put that off. Plus, as much as I wanted a 30 mile week, I figured I should take a break from running for the day and ward off any potential injuries. Too much too fast is a bad combination, and I don't want to risk it!

My weight training workout looked like this (completed with 10 pound weights):

4 x 25 weighted oblique bends
3 x 10 shoulder presses
3 x 12 bicep curls
3 x 25 wide-leg squats (like a grand-plie)
3 x 10 stiff-legged deadlifts
3 x 10 single-legged deadlifts
3 x 12 side lunges (no weight)
2 x 25 squats (no weight)
3 x 12 bent-over rows
And some abs:
3 x 12 double leg extensions
100 reverse crunches

I think that's it! I meant to write it all down but apparently that thought went out the window. Oops!


I slept in this morning, ate the usual every day oats and then headed off for a run around 10:15 this morning. It was a cold, drizzly morning, and it felt like I was running against the wind for 85.9% of my run. Actually, I'm pretty sure I was. I felt slow, tired, and ready to give up, but I looked down at my Garmin and was surprised to see my pace was actually a bit faster than my last five mile run. I love when that happens! Today's run was on a mixture of road and trail, and I came home and did 15 minutes of yoga to stretch it out. Attention runners: Pay attention to your hip flexors when you are stretching, otherwise you will huuuuuuurt!

So, after a quick shower and a trip to the health food store for raw pumpkin seeds, chia seeds & hemp seeds, I created THIS beautiful salad beast:


Spinach, roasted carrots, celery, yellow peppers, mushrooms, brussel's sprouts, chopped tomato, and shrimp. Holy yum! I ate this from the comfort of my bed while Brandon and I watched Iron Man. I bought him the Batman trilogy for Christmas, so now that we are done watching those, we have moved on to another series.

Of course, since the movie was something like two hours long, I just had to go back downstairs and make a snack. I needed more protein in my life!


Greek yogurt, a medium apple, scoop of peanut butter and a sprinkle of apple pie spice. YES, there is peanut butter in there. I told my mom and she said that was gross. Ahem, have you tried it? I bet you'd love it, mom! She also said I looked ridiculous wearing my pink rainboots and pink snowman pajama pants to the grocery store. I think she was right on that one, but I am the master of snack combinations. Anyway. Today was a good day of food and fitness and I am happy to be back on the healthy train!

Eating clean + working out = (slightly) visible ab definition. Loving that!
And no, I have no picture for that because yeah. No.

Finding Nemo is on TV right now, so I'm thinking it's time for me to foam roll and ice and enjoy the Disney wonder. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment