Friday, January 4, 2013

Pre-Run Fuel & It's NOT About Perfection


Good morning! I hope your Friday is going well so far and you are all geared up for the weekend. Who has big plans?

Not this chick! Ha. I slept in this morning since I start work later than usual this afternoon, so I had plenty of time to eat oatmeal, drink a small cup of coffee with almond milk and head off on a run. For the past few days that I have ran, I have been eating my breakfast before. Granted, I had those days off so it was much more convenient, but it'll be interesting to see how long that lasts. I can say that while I do like running on the treadmill, I certainly haven't missed it much! It's nice to get outside, breathe in the fresh air and take in the scenery.

I headed out in the cold, drizzly weather around 8:30AM and completed 7 miles. I didn't leave a lot of room for digestion between my run and my breakfast (hey, I was excited to get out there!), but I didn't get crampy or feel sick which is always a bonus. Perhaps it's because I didn't eat a fried egg sandwich before my run (ugh, don't do it people). Anyway, I didn't take any fuel in during this run, because A) I forgot to bring some and B) I felt strong and like I could run forever. I love that feeling!


I'm at 20 miles for the week, so I'm trying to decide what the game plan is now. I don't want to overdo it and injure myself, but something about a 30 mile week seems to appealing.

Ah, decisions, decisions!

Just a short post this morning - I will be back at it tomorrow! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment