Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Came Early & The Best Holiday Tune


Christmas (kinda) came early on Tuesday. Finally, my latest issue of Runner's World arrived! It seems like I am always the last to get this magazine. I admit, I was in Walmart the other day debating whether I should purchase this magazine or not, because I couldn't remember if I had renewed my subscription. Oopsies. Well, it's a good thing I held off. I love surprises! Here's to more RW magazines in the future.

I am excited to finish reading this one (yes, I've only half started and that's while I was walking on the treadmill. Keep active while being lazy, am I right?) because it is all about marathons. I have the half marathon issue, and while the half is my favourite distance to run, the thought of a full marathon is always swirling around in my brain. Of course, that takes a lot of time, dedication, and work - it is a huge commitment! - but one day it will happen!

Let's rewind to last night. I slept in (as per usual. It's been happening too much lately) and decided I would go for a run after work. The thing is though, this time I ACTUALLY DID! I was tempted to just flop down on the couch and enjoy some of my mom's Christmas baking, but I knew I'd feel one hundred times better, and more productive, if I got a run in and ate a healthy dinner BEFORE any treats.

I completed 3 miles on the treadmill listening to the Songza app on my phone. I seriously love that app - you can find every song you could ever imagine, and it's fun how you can pick your playlist according to the time of day and whatnot. Anyway, I was starved after the run, and I may have picked at a few sweet treats before devouring this:


Greek salad on some slightly burnt kale. Oops, someone left it in the pan for too long. There was still a good helping left afterwards, so I plan on packing that in my lunch for work today on top of some brown rice and some sunflower seeds on top. Hooray for health!



After dinner, I settled down with a cup of tea and began to write some Christmas cards for my work mates. Maybe I will even bring some treats to share on Monday! Hmm, I wonder if Brandon will let me take the chocolate mint walnut brownies we made last night... Nah, I think I will save the chocolatey goodness for home!

Now, we come to today. And we are all alive, because the Mayans were wrong! Suckas!

I started my day with four miles on the treadmill as well as some random strength moves after, like standing leg lifts, calf raises, lateral lunges, push ups, and some ab moves. My abs are so sore from the other day - apparently that's what happens when you don't train your core regularly! I even stretched for a while after and made the effort to foam roll for about ten minutes last night.


Every day oats, meet blueberries. I added the little bundles of juiciness for an extra hit of antioxidants and natural sweetness to my breakfast this morning. I have also been drinking a buttload of tea rather than coffee lately in hopes that it will help my throat. I seem to be coming down with a cold, so here's hoping it leaves before Christmas arrives. Fingers and toes crossed!

I now leave you with a wonderful Christmas song - can you guess why? Have the best Friday ever, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment