Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Longest Run Lately, Mail & Dark Chocolate Chai

This morning was my longest run since the half marathon on October 28th. I keep meaning to do longer runs, but things like work and life and the fact that it is light out at 9AM when I am AT work keep getting in the way. However, I finished ten miles this morning. Yes, ten treadmill miles, which meant I was running before 6AM this morning. You're welcome, family. Gotta get up early to get those miles in! No excuses :)

After taking the last two days off of running, my legs felt fresh and happy to get moving again. The only downside to running on the treadmill, I find, is the fact that it is off to the side of our fire place. This fire place is keeping us warm at night, which, don't get me wrong, is great, but it is still firing away in the morning. Hot, sweaty, runtastic. No wonder I have a fan directly in front of me when I'm running in the morning. The only thing that would get me outside early in the morning is if I had some great reflective running gear and a running buddy. Something about running alone in the dark doesn't sound like the safest decision one could make.

Anyway, in short, my run was fantastic! Warm, but fantastic nonetheless!



I was huuuuuuungry like a wolf after. I had some peanut butter and raisins for a quick fix of carbs, sugar, and protein before my run, but obviously that's not enough to carry on with my day. So, I quickly showered up, and got to cookin' up the usual banana oats for breakfast.


YAY! I was wondering when my Runner's World magazine would arrive in the mail. I noticed a lot of people in the Twitter world had theirs already, so I was chomping at the bit to get my copy. It made for excellent reading material during my breakfast. Another enjoyable thing about this breakfast: Coffee with unsweetened chocolate almond milk and honey. Perfect combination!

I did something crazy with my oatmeal this morning. Instead of chopping half of it inside the pot with the rest of the ingredients, I only chopped about 1/3 and used the rest on top. Whoa, crazy.

Not like it made a difference, but I'm trying to switch things up on ya without sacrificing my favourite meal combination of the day. I am a simple gal.

Another delicious, simple combination:


Whoever created this gem is a genius. Dark chocolate chai tea, with the same fixings as my coffee this morning. It literally tasted like hot chocolate, only not as sweet, and with a hint of spice. If you can get your hands on this tea or one similar, I highly suggest testing it out! I love me some tea, so naturally this was goin' down before bed time. Hooray for having to pee in the middle of the night!

Anyway, enough TMI for the evening. Since it's 9 o'clock on a Wednesday, I must retire to my comfy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment