Sunday, November 25, 2012

And then it hit me


Post-run breakfast: every day banana oats with creeeeamy, dreamy, smooth peanut butter. I also made a homemade eggnog latte! Half eggnog/half almond milk, 1 tbsp. vanilla, espresso. Pfft, Starbucks has nothing on my espresso skills.

This week has been a little sub par running wise. I'll admit, after the last week of high mileage, I was all pumped about being on track and having another week like that again. However, I fell ten miles short this week, and did 20 instead of 30. Yeah, yeah, I should be thankful that I can even run that much and be proud that I did even that. I am, of course, but I am a perfectionist when it comes to running and goals and miles and all that jazz. Anyway, life got in the way this week. I am on day seven out of nine days straight working, plus it was my mom's birthday on Friday, and rather than waking her up at 530 AM just for me to run, I slept in and then had a delicious dinner and dessert and all was right in the world! There will always be time for high mileage, and fortunately my half marathon is months and months away, so I can just run for fun now!

During my run on the treadmill this morning, I watched a cooking show, and then moved on to something a little more fitting for the upcoming holiday season.


ELF! I remember when Sarah, my sister, would watch this every single day, 365 days of the year, 24/7. And yet, it is still fun to watch while you are finishing the last ten minutes of your 6 mile run in the comfort of your warm home on the treadmill. That's when it hit me.

CHRISTMAS IS SO SOON!

I have exactly two presents. Actually, that's not true, because multiple people are getting multiple presents, but I've basically only purchased presents for my mom and my sister. I need to get crackin' on the shopping! After being inspired by Buddy the Elf this morning, I turned on the Christmas music, made my eggnog latte, and continued to listen to the Christmas tunes on my drive to work this morning. And on the way home. And right now.

Man oh man. I am about to drive a lot of people crazy with all this Christmas talk. I think I will leave my Christmas lights and snowman earrings until December. It's the least I can do (and luckily it's coming up soon)!

The gingerbread girl pants stay though. They are pink and fleecy and warm and are appropriate for all times of the year (and when driving to a road race with your running shorts underneath. Practicality at its finest).


Happy Sunday! Here's some cute Christmas dogs to end the evening with. Please, dad? We need a dog. Seriously, we do. How can you resist!?

No comments:

Post a Comment