Sunday, November 18, 2012

Every Effort Counts, Balancing Acts & Christmas Cheer


I came home from work last night and spent the evening hanging out with my sister. Although we live in the same house, sometimes it feels like I barely see her since I am out of the house so often. It was nice being able to spend time with her, and when cookies are involved, it's always a good time! She whipped up a batch of double chocolate cookies, and it was as if I died and went to heaven. I had one fresh out of the oven, then cut myself off after that. You know how yesterday's post was all about how you can't out exercise a bad diet and all that jazz? This one is about balance.

You don't have to choose between the apple and the cookie every single day. Some days, you'll want the apple more than the cookie. Most of the time you already know what the cookie tastes like anyway, and you simply won't eat it. Whatever, it's all your choice. However, it doesn't mean that you can't have the god damn cookie when you want it. Life is all about balance, after all!


Three miles followed by the usual banana/pb/oats/random seed combo and coffee! So delicious. I am happy to have ran as much as I did this week. Over all, I feel super happy, confident, and proud of myself for sticking to the plan and being mindful of snacking, meals, etc. Hooray for sticking with it!

After my run, I did the following strength training moves:
1 minute plank
3 x 12 push ups
3 x 10 donkey kicks, each leg
3 x 10 fire hydrant leg lifts (literally like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant)

I've been trying to do a bit of strength training here and there to strengthen my body and the muscles I use while running. It's always important to switch it up! :) Last night I did 50 tricep dips and 3 x 12 deadlifts with ten pound weights. Every effort counts, and it all adds up!


Have a great Sunday, everyone! I'm off to get some Christmas shopping done. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment