Thursday, November 15, 2012

Life Changing Decisions, Mini Goals & When in Doubt


Good morning, party people! After a good night's rest, I was up at 5:35AM this morning to get a run in to kick off the work day. I had a day off yesterday, which was mainly spent running in the morning, running errands, and then running to the couch to watch The Food Network and eat a giant salad with eggs on top. Perfect!

Anyway, the run was fairly uneventful. I was telling my dad last night how I keep meaning to wake up early and get in a good run before the day starts, but lately I have been in lazy mode and have favoured the snooze button and my bed over the treadmill and some great music. I went for the latter option today, and I feel 100% better (and more awake too, although that may be thanks to the coffee). The six mile run flew by, I listened to some fun, energizing music, and now I'm enjoying breakfast before I have to leave in.. Hmm. Half an hour. Guess I better get dressed.


I have been trying to make an effort to run more and push myself faster this past week. So far I have been able to keep up, and I love the wiped out feeling and endorphin rush after a hard effort. Although I'm not training for any specific race (YET. I am keeping my eyes open!), it doesn't hurt to always look to improving your fitness. Besides, I am one of those crazy people who think running is fun and takes pride in running 25+ miles per week. In fact, I'm shooting for thirty this week. Eleven miles to go this week and that goal is accomplished!

Some other mini goals:
- Remember to stretch well after each run. I used to stretch, ice, and foam roll religiously. However, I have fallen off the bandwagon on that one. I am trying to do it more often to prevent injury and keep my muscles, body, and mind healthy.
- Eat clean, and cut down on Starbucks and other specialty coffee drinks. Plain coffee with almond milk and honey? Sure! However, I don't need to buy coffee 4x a week. Sorry, bank account. As far as eating clean goes, I have caught myself snacking when I am bored MUCH more often than I'd like to admit, and I need to stop that. If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution.


Running is one of those things that makes you think. For me, it's a great way to start, end, or keep the day going, and the fact that it's healthy for you is simply a bonus. One thing I also do while running, besides the life changing decisions as mentioned in the picture above (eg, Hmmm... Oatmeal sounds SO good for breakfast. Yep, I'm going to do it. Wow, I'm a genius. I've never thought of that before. It's not like I have oatmeal every day. Okay, am I done yet? Mmm, peanut butter in my oatmeal. That's it, run faster, be done faster, oatmeal faster. Life changed), I also think of clever things to tweet. These tweets are witty, comical, and overall something that will get a billion retweets once I post it. Yeah, that's it.

And then I forget these things instantly when I'm done, because I am either wiped, hungry, or in need of a shower. Fortunately I have all those bases covered, and all I need to do is get dressed! What do you mean I can't wear a blue fluffy robe to work?

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment