Friday, November 16, 2012

Cuppa Java & Victoria Goddess Run


I am definitely not one to shy away from trying a new coffee flavour, so when I spotted this gem on the shelf at Winner's the other day, I had to scoop it up. It was destiny. It was as if this bag of coffee was waiting for me. Dessert and coffee all wrapped into one? Sold! I usually drink my coffee with almond milk and honey (the exact same way I drink tea (except green tea). Wow, I'm so predictable), and it brought out the sweetness in the coffee without overpowering it. Delicious!


After running some errands this morning, B & I went for a little walk around noon. We were sitting at the house complaining about how bored we were, so to kill some time, we went for a walk and ended up going out for lunch at a local cafe. Often on my days off, I am so preoccupied with being busy (or restless) and I forget to relax. However, today was a happy medium of busy and lazy, and I would like to find that more often. My evenings are either spent out of the house, on the couch, or on the treadmill getting in my missed morning run). It was nice being able to just take a walk and enjoy things. And then go for a run later on in the evening fueled by a double chocolate chip cookie. Balance, people, balance.

Run of the day: Four miles at a gradual increase in pace followed by some quick (read: lazy) weights.

3 x 12 bent-over rows (10# weights)
3 x 20 tricep dips
3 x 25 standing oblique bends (10# weights)


I also foam rolled and stretched! Whoa, crazy town. The running game plan for this weekend: four miles tomorrow, three miles on Sunday. Yay, 30 mile running week!


Speaking of running, I signed up for a half marathon tonight. Finally, a race for 2013 on the horizon! I am looking forward to this one mainly because it is different than any other half I have done. Why? It is women's only, and instead of a medal you get a necklace! It will be a great experience, and I am excited to be part of it this year. I hear registration fills up quickly (the half marathon allows 500 entrants and it was already more than half full), so if you are interested in the 5k, 10k, or half marathon, hurry up and enter, ladies!

Happy weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment