Monday, November 12, 2012

Lululemon Running Crop Review & A VIDEO!


Hey friends! Long time no see. I figured since I have gotten into the routine of working full time and trying - read, TRYING - to work out regularly as well, I should throw blogging back into the mix. How have you been? I've missed this place!

To kick things off, things are going well in my neck of the woods. Yes, you were so curious, I know. Work is great, running is great, life is great. And chocolate moose tracks ice cream is great... Not that I'd know from eating that twice in a row this weekend and not running.

Yeah, oops. That didn't go according to plan, but today is a new day!

Let's start off with a video.


To be honest, I looooove the treadmill. I know people think it is horrible, but you can do so much on it. For instance, if you are doing speed work on the treadmill, you either have to commit to a certain amount of time and physically change the speed or fall off. When you do speed work outside, you can mentally say NO at anytime and stop running or slow down when you feel like it. Another bonus of the treadmill: You can watch TV and movies from the comfort of your own home, plus check Twitter and emails while running at an easy pace. I wouldn't dare do that outside in fear of being hit by a car, but the only thing that could hit me from inside is my family throwing objects at me for being on the treadmill while they are trying to do something. Hmm, hopefully I didn't give them any ideas there.

A couple weeks ago B & I were in Victoria in search of Lululemon pants and a pair of crops I had seen online and during the Victoria Half Marathon. I noticed two girls running in them, and the little ruffles on the side were so cute and I decided then and there that I HAD to have them. My bank account was thinking otherwise, but once I had some extra spending money, I bit the bullet and went for it. I am glad I did!


The crops I purchased have a hot pink band at the top. They are super comfortable, and when you are running in them it feels like you aren't even wearing pants. Whoa, risky business without actual risky business.  For the longest time I have been running in a pair of Everlast brand spandex shorts. I love those because they have grips at the bottom hems, so they don't slide up your legs. However, since colder weather is upon us, I love these crops as a happy medium. I have ran in them probably six times now, and I am happy that they don't slide around in the waist, and although they cover your knees, they are cut at an angle so your knees can still bend and move freely. There is also a drawstring pull inside the waist to adjust the tightness, and a small zip pocket in the back for gels, keys, etc to slip inside. Note: the ruffles aren't too visible on this picture, but they are there! They're small, nothing huge and distracting, but they are cute and add a little something to these crops. They run for (har har) $82. Pricey, yes, but if you are going to wear them a lot, then the cost per wear is worth it!

Alright! Breakfast is done, and I don't have to work for another couple hours here. Ah, shorter days. I love you so! I plan to run seven miles today. I have already done three, so the last four will have to wait until after work. I've already showered, so... Yep. Gotta wait!

Have a happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment