Thursday, September 20, 2012

Yesterday's Lunch (Video), Vanilla Chai Delight & Trying to Make a Plan


 
Since I have discovered the video setting on my phone, I have taken a couple short videos for you guys. I meant to post this one last night, but after YouTube wouldn't let me upload it (and neither would blogger), I left it overnight to upload. Finally - it is here! It's short and dorky and awkward, but one day I'll figure out this video editing program on my laptop. Then you can look forward to sound effects and music and other things to spruce up a this-is-what-I-ate-for-lunch video. Yay!
 
Last night I ran into Duncan thinking I would cash my paycheck. Usually I am pretty on it, but it has been sitting in my wallet burning a hole since Friday. Unfortunately I'm not a speedy enough driver (which is a lie. I got distracted and made some stops along the way) and showed up to the bank twelve minutes after it closed. Just my luck! So, I went on the hunt for a protein powder I spotted online. Voila!
 
 
Two stores later, and I found it. Vega is a plant-based protein powder with protein sources from peas, hemp seeds, flax seeds, etc. I tried a half scoop serving last night (one serving is one full scoop) and mixed with water, and it was really good! It actually tasted like vanilla chai, so I am eager to see what it would be like in almond milk over ice. I'm guessing similar to an iced chai latte, only healthier! The reason why I chose a plant-based powder over a whey protein powder is because I get really bad stomach aches when I have too much dairy. I will endure the pain for frozen yogurt (smothered in candy, because it's all about balance, folks) or a skinny latte from Starbucks, but I haven't had an actual glass of milk in years. I also went to a naturopath a couple years ago and was advised to cut out milk to help my skin, so I find if I have too much dairy (and wheat) it will make it worse. I will post a review of the shake sometime next week. I want to try it for a while so I can be more informed in the review!
 
 
My fitness plan for the next few days includes some cross training! My muscles will be happy, considering I did a double run to get my extra miles in yesterday. Sometimes I would rather not wake up at 5 in the morning to bust out 8 miles. I'm sure you runners can relate! Anyway, carrying on.
 
Thursday, AKA TODAY!: 6 miles (after work)
Friday: 4 miles (morning), spin & core (evening)
Saturday: 3 miles easy (morning)
Sunday: 3 miles easy (I have the day off, but this will probably happen in the morning)
 
I might do another four miles on Saturday rather than three, then only do two on Sunday. We shall see how my legs feel after spin, but I plan on not pushing it too hard on my morning run. Sometimes it's nice to go easy, although I should kick my own but and get some speed and hill work in. NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment