Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fruit Have Feelings Too & Running Round Two

 
 
I came across this picture online the other day and thought it was the cutest thing. Have you ever felt like a fruit? I'm sure we all have at one point, but we are not alone! Now you can find comfort in knowing that you and the blueberry (or star fruit or banana or pear or whatever) have something in common. Not.
 
Here is something real. And real funny, if only I knew the song!

 
Does anyone else remember when Chiquita bananas were producing those stickers with different faces on them? I admit, I tried to collect all of them, but I didn't know how much they were and I was running out of room on the back of my Motorola KRZR phone. Remember those days!? Oh, to be in grade ten again. Or maybe not. Let's go with not.
 
 I sliced up the banana and added it to my every day oats. I am so original when it comes to breakfasts. I thought of switching it up and having some veggie scrambled eggs, but clearly I decided against that. HOWEVER, here's the kicker, I did have tea this morning instead of just water. Crazaaay.

 
Believe it or not, I woke up early this morning and got my planned run in for the day. As I have mentioned before, my workouts have been taking place in the early evening as of late, but I miss breaking a sweat before the work day even begins. Or before people are even out of bed! I still plan on doing about three miles after work to get a longer run in, bringing today's miles to 8. Call me crazy (or insane or weird or obsessed or stupid), but I like splitting up runs into two parts (sometimes). It lets your body adapt to running on tired legs, but you can also challenge yourself more on shorter distances if you went easy on the longer portion of the run in the morning (which I did). It all balances out! Plus, you get a second round of stretching out warm muscles. That's always nice too.
 
Off to get ready for the day! Happy Wednesday folks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment