Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's Been a While!


Back in action! It has been weeks and weeks since I last posted. To be honest, I've thought about the blog almost every day, but I never know what to write. That is mainly because for the past two-ish weeks I have done barely any exercise, or anything intense and of note. Anyway, I'm ready to get back on track!

So, I went to a spin & core class on Friday night. My abs are on FIRE still! We used a Bosu ball to do planks, crunches/sit ups and various other balancing poses. It was hard, but it was definitely a good challenge. Then yesterday after work I ran 4 miles, and I ran 4 miles again this morning and did some foam rolling. Ahh, running. How I missed you!

The picture above was my breakfast this morning: Buckwheat pancake (I used approx 1/3 cup buckwheat pancake batter with 3 tbsp. egg whites, 2 tbsp. almond milk, cinnamon & chia seeds). Then, I topped it off with just about a tbsp. of natural peanut butter, a sliced banana & a drizzle of syrup. Egg whites on the side for extra protein!

Oh, and my new favourite drink in the morning (besides the usual 1L of water) is homemade iced coffee with lots of almond milk. I'm one of those coffee drinkers who would rather have more milk instead of sugar (unless it's a sugar free flavoring like in a latte or specialty coffee drink). I tried to drink tea in the morning instead of coffee (and granted I don't drink coffee every morning anymore since I'm not a huge fan of the coffee my mom buys... AHEM. Just kidding. That just means I buy a lot of coffee when I'm at work), but I just can't give it up. And that was a really awkward sentence with all those interruptions. Anyway.


My goal tonight is to do some yoga. I used to do it quite frequently, but I always go through phases where I'm like, "Yay, yoga is my best friend!" and then I stop it almost completely and have a love affair with running for months on end. I'm pretty bad with cross training, but lately I have to admit that I'm getting a lot better. Sometimes I will take a break from running to do something else, and it makes me love running that much more.

Anyway, I may have to have a date with Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown tonight. Or YouTube videos. Or my bed. We'll see which one wins.

 

Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment