Sunday, August 5, 2012

Positive Thinking, Lunch & My Next Read

My positive thought of the moment: Yes, your abs will soon NOT be sore & you'll be able to comfortably do ab work again... Not on a Bosu ball, mind you, for a while.

Let's talk about positive thinking, shall we?

  • Increased life span
  • Lower rates of depression
  • Lower levels of distress
  • Greater resistance to the common cold
  • Better psychological and physical well-being
  • Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
  • Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
So how does it work? Positive thinking is said to help one cope with stressful situations better. It is also thought that positive people lead healthier lifestyles, which includes regular exercise and a balanced diet. They also don't drink alcohol or use drugs in excess. Researchers are still exploring the benefits of positive thinking, but it sure helps your well-being if you aren't in grouch-mode!

...Which is why I am happy 95% of the time. The other 5% is when I am hungry and/or sleepy (which for me is not a very good combination considering my activity level and the fact that I need fuel AND sleep to drive my workouts and running). People will ask me why I am so happy. Really, it is just easier to be nice to others. I personally find being mean exhausting, because that's not who I am. The world needs more nice people!

On to lunch!

In the mix: chickpeas, cucumber, spinach, yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, carrot & celery. I made my own dressing with raspberry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil & a "balsamic" spice blend that was hangin' out on the kitchen. It was super delicious! I also had an iced coffee with soy for an afternoon perk up.

Then to end lunch, I had made a delicious fruit and yogurt snack last night. Only, I packed it in the same container I put my leftover chickpeas in aaaaaand... I ended up taking the chickpeas to work instead. So, when I got home I had my snack. Blueberry Activia yogurt, chopped cantaloupe, kiwi & chia seeds sprinkled on top. Yeah, that's more like it!

Lately I have been trying to get more into reading. I used to read quite often, but I find myself reading a LOT for a short period of time (as in having my nose buried in a book for hours on end) to zero reading at all. One of my favourite books is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It is a weird book, and I suppose that's why I like it. There is also a ton of great quotes in it (And in that moment, I swear we were infinite), and every time I read it I notice something I never did before. It's a book that makes you think, and it's all about the life of a twisted and weird 15 year old boy named Charlie going through high school.

Anyway, my mom has been reading that one book that has a lot of sex in it and is really popular right now and is part of a series and is rumored to be the next big movie trilogy and there is this guy named Christian in it and it's about some kinda dominant/submissive relationship and I read half a chapter of it in Chapters a while ago and yeah. If you haven't guessed, it's....

50 Shades of Grey

Alright, well we'll see how this book is. I am not usually one to read books that have tons of hype around them, because once everyone starts talking about it, there's no surprise when you read it yourself 'cause everyone has spoiled it. Anyway, my mom just finished it. "It's yours if you want to start reading it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment