Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Delicious Recipe for You & Benefits of Exercise


Hi folks! Hope you are having a great Wednesday evening. If you are bored (or can't sleep & feel like snacking), here is a recipe for you to try out. It is a pretty basic muffin as far as mixing goes, but they are super sweet with a hint of healthy additions, too.

Oatmeal Banana Muffins

2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk*
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt*
1 egg
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup large oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla (or however much you like)
2 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)

Mix all wet ingredients together until combined, then fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Bake at 350 until the tops are slightly firm.

Happy baking!

* You can use any other substitutions you like, such as dairy milk or a different flavour of yogurt.

Now on to some benefits of exercise.


If you work out regularly, you will probably notice a lot of things on this list that ring true for you. I mean, obviously you won't be able to tell right away if you are warding off disease or making yourself live 50 times longer (haha I wish), but other things are more noticeable. For instance, I have noticed that since working out on a regular basis, my energy levels are higher, I have sounder sleeps, PMS isn't "Oh my god my boooooodyyyyy huuuuuurts!", and I've also noticed that I am a lot happier! On the other hand, if I haven't worked out OR eaten AND I'm tired, that is a bad combination. Thankfully it doesn't usually it doesn't come to that, and I think the people around me are happy about that, too!

So there ya go. Have you worked out today?

Bed time for this ol' lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment