Friday, July 6, 2012

Tequila, Indulgent Desserts & PTFO-ing



The other day my sister and I went into Nanaimo, and I found this gem. I'm sure twenty years old is a little old to be wearing clothing about childhood toys, buuut... How can you pass up a Barbie shirt, especially when it's a BARBIE YACHT CLUB shirt!? I feel so elite and fancy. Don't tell Ken, because I'm pretty sure he was kicked out & I swooped in.


And an indulgent night of tequila, junk food, and then dessert the next day. Let's just say that I was full to the brim & didn't really want to move after having lunch and sharing two desserts. Do any of you feel food guilt? I did at first after eating this, I admit. However, I shook that feeling because really. I don't eat like this all the time, and it was a cheesecake that I had never had before. Good enough reason, right? Fortunately, I did go run! I ran a quick 3.1 miles (5K for all of you Canadian folk like myself, only I like to count distance in miles...) fueled by cheesecake and creme brulee. If only I could eat like that all the time without the guilt & the giant food baby.


Then yesterday I went to the beach with my mom. She had a meeting there, and I hung out in the sunshine and read magazines. And then it got cold, my butt started to hurt, complain complain complain, so I sat in the car & waited for her. Then we went home. And then I ran. Woohoo!


Now I'm at home, still wearing this dress (shocking, considering it's always pajama time as soon as I'm done my events of the day). Only now I'm wearing lime green fuzzy socks & wrapped in a blanket. Thank you, family, for saying I'm dorky. I think I know this already!

Anyway, we went out for lunch with my cousin and aunt in Victoria. That's the extent of my fun and exciting adventures today. Oh yeah, I had a nap on the way home too. Being warm + a full belly = sleep in my world.

I'm waiting until tonight again to go for a run. I actually like running in the evening because it's less busy on the roads, plus it is a lot cooler! What to do in the mean time?

No comments:

Post a Comment