Friday, June 1, 2012

A Sad Moment, Something Running Related I Hate & A Recipe


 It is always a sad moment when you open the fridge and see next to no vegetables. Now, if you asked Brandon, he'd say we had a lot. There were peppers, celery, broccoli, and spinach tucked away in the crisper, but come on. If you know me, you know I love me some veggies, and it's never enough! I headed out to Superstore today to restock the sad veggie situation - aaah, much better. I also grabbed two pints of blueberries during my travels, and let's just say that I only have one now.

Whoops.


The main reason I hate running in the city is because of the amount of intersections, and therefor stoplights, you have to stand at. Looking pissed. You get into a good groove, then you're forced to stop and pause the Garmin (if you remember), and then start again. All that starting and stopping is annoying, unless of course you are dying for a break. Anyway, just wanted to get that out there. If you see a girl in the next month running outside (which I rarely do unless it's along the seawall or the golf course trail, where there are no lights) wearing black spandex, Mizuno runners & a (most likely) pink shirt standing there angrily staring down the red light, that's probably me.


So, I took my workout inside (like I pretty much always do, waaahooo) and covered 6 miles on the treadmill. I watched Boy Meets World and My Wife & Kids, and it was a glorious occasion. Lately I have been trying to incorporate more strength training into my routine, so I split up my workout and did that in the evening. It's nice to split things up sometimes - then I don't feel so lazy for sitting on my tookus all day! That's what happens when you work 14 hours a week, folks (yeah, I won't start on that).


So. Good.

I will be reliving this dinner soon. I found a recipe online for a baked tomato & egg cup, and I knew I had to try it. Basically you get a tomato, cut the top off, scoop out the insides, season, and roast at 350 for about 30 minutes. Then, crack your egg inside (I cracked mine in a small cup and poured it in, just because my aiming ability could be off tonight - you never know), and bake for 8 minutes or until cooked.

Sides tonight were sauteed zucchini (you can kind of see it. I had a bit of kale too, but I ate that quickly), a side salad with balsamic vinegar and whole wheat toast with homemade guacamole. I have a serious infatuation with avocados. Can't. Get. Enough!

I am taking my First-Aid and CPR tomorrow from 9AM-5PM. One step of the way to my group fitness & personal training certification!

No comments:

Post a Comment