Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ab-stravaganza Work Out & Adventures in Headstand Land


So, as of late I have a lot of time on my hands. I suppose that's what happens when your hours at work have been cut in half (so kind, thank you). Anyway, instead of complaining about that, I am going to tell you about my adventures in headstand land.  I mean, I have all the time in the world to practice them, so why not start today on a lovely rainy day?

I tried doing this yesterday when Brandon was sleeping. However, I figured thumping around while he was trying to sleep (which barely happened thanks to the fire alarm going off in our building for over an hour straight. We're surrounded by idiots, I tell you), so I continued on my journey today. Apparently headstands are a lot easier on a bed! Unfortunately, after doing about three perfect headstands, the luck has to end somewhere. Just as I was holding it straight - toes pointed perfectly, ah the beauty of it all - I leaned too far forward, got my sock caught on a thumbtack on the wall and ended up doing some weird headstand summersault flippy thing. It was hilarious. I kept trying and trying, and now it's a goal for me to master this move on the yoga mat!

Speaking of yoga mats, if you are bored & want to try an ab-tastic workout, grab your mat and try this. I created it after eating a chocolate dipped ice cream cone this morning (wow, so healthy. Why do I write about fitness again?)


It's nothing intense or crazy, but it focuses on all parts of the abdominal section for a total core workout. Of course, it is also important to work out your back to keep things balanced. I am working on a strength circuit (somewhat), so hopefully that will be up in the next few days!



What do you need to be positive about this week? For me it's all about being positive about running. I busted out six glorious miles on the treadmill today, slept in today & was a bit lazy, so I need to be positive that I will have a good run and workout tomorrow. Also, there's some relocation changes happening for Brandon & myself soon, so I need to be positive that everything will go smoothly! I'll give you more details later (onceourboxesarepackedandweareoutofherewahoohallelujahohyeahawesome)!

Happy Thursday! What are you guys up to tonight? Any headstand or ab action? 

No comments:

Post a Comment