Friday, August 5, 2016

Monthly Favourites: July


One more week and I will be in Vancouver to run the Lululemon SeaWheeze Half Marathon!

Holy crapola did the time ever go by fast! I am looking at my training plan now thinking, hmmm. I only have three runs left until it's go time!

---

I wanted to kick off this morning by sharing my July favourites. July was a busy, busy month. It's always when I think, "Oh, we have no plans this month!" that by the time I blink, the month is full of things to do. August is going to be busy too, so I will have lots to share next month, too!

Let's get into it!


Still loving this Beauty Blender to apply my foundation. It is great to use with tinted moisturizer as well, and I find it makes my foundation appear better blended and less streaky. I highly recommend getting one of these bad boys if you are falling out of love with your current foundation brush.


I LOVED our day at Neck Point. It was a new adventure for both Ryan and I, and we will definitely be back with Nala to have her adventure at the seaside. 


Yep, you bet I am still loving this combination in my diffuser at night. There is something so relaxing about the scent of eucalyptus, and the "breathe easy" blend has peppermint in it as well. The blend leaves a nice scent lingering in the area, without the chemical residues that you find in candles or commercial fabric sprays. Can't go wrong with essential oils!


I had to. I'm sorry. I know you've seen a dozen pictures already, but I just love this little pumpkin!


OOOOH You thought my Harry Potter spree was over! Fear not. I am still puttering my way through this book, and read a good chunk of it over the long weekend. Saturday was the release day for J.K. Rowling's new screen play book, and I was THISCLOSE to buying it at Costco on Sunday, but something in me told me to hold back. Besides, I still have another three books after this one to get through before I can even venture into the newest one.


One thing I have enjoyed this month is getting back to basics and using my planner. Sure, I'm not using fancy stickers as often as I used to. Honestly, I find that I am spending my time doing other things such as playing with the dog or catching up on housework rather than cutting out stickers. Nevertheless, my plain ol' planner with my blue ink is working out just fine. It is helping me stick accountable to what kind of blog posts I want to work on, as well as organizing my life with time off from work approaching (and various things in between).


Hiking at Holland Creek Trail earlier this month. If you are in the area, be sure to go to the waterfall and check out all of the scenery along the way. It is a good work out!

---

What have you guys been loving this month? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment