Monday, August 8, 2016

Shopping Time: Beauty & Skincare Haul



Good evening & happy Monday everyone!

Three more work days and then I am on holidays. Can you tell I am excited? I have been waiting for this since I booked my vacation time back in January. It has been a long time coming, and the break will be so much needed!

What am I going to do? Get a massage and pedicure with my sister. Go on day trips with Nala and Ryan. Sleep in, work out, eat some good food. No vacation plans now, but we will find fun ways to occupy our time!

On the bright side, I can always do more of these skincare & beauty hauls for the blog!

But wait. That involves shopping. And spending money. I am not sure if I should spend all of my time off doing that, as much fun as it would be!

I will, however, show you a few items I have acquired within the last week or so.

We will kick it off with a prize pack I won at a free yoga night/open house at a local new juicery and raw food bar. My sister and I enjoyed 45 minutes of yoga, then as we were all blissed-out and zen we got to peruse all kinds of skincare, make up & clothing goodies from local brands and businesses in the Cowichan Valley. While we were there I put my name in for a draw (they were having several throughout the night), and lucky me - I was a winner!


In my prize pack were mini hand lotion samples from Kogi Naturals, made in Chemainus, as well as local soap, a bottle of yummy green juice from the juicery that hosted the event, and a one month GYM MEMBERSHIP! Yup, I'm going to have to take advantage of that! It was such a fun event, and I hope they do more in the future.

I also picked up a goat's milk soap & a skincare serum to try.


I have been using goat's milk soap lately and it makes my skin feel so silky smooth! On the same note, this face serum from Pure Anada makes my face feel like a baby's bottom and has a light fresh scent.


I just had to add this in here. After breakfast, Nala and I had some quality time on the couch where I finished up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Oh, YEAH folks, I am still on my Harry Potter kick. So much so that I asked Ryan if he would have a HP movie marathon with me, and he just laughed and asked if I would even be able to stay up that long. Touche, buddy. I will try my hardest!

Today's workout: 45 minutes on the treadmill. Nice and easy watching YouTube videos, of course. All of my workouts are pretty darn relaxed this week because the big half marathon is on Sunday! I am excited, and frantically trying to plan our lives and make 100's of lists of what I need to bring.


Notebook from Chapters. Born This Way Radiant Concealer, Living Proof dry shampoo, Sephora brand eye mask, Sephora brand charcoal face wipes.

And finally, some goodies from my adventure into Nanaimo today. Nala had a puppy play date for the afternoon while I ran into Nanaimo to run some errands. I had a gift to buy for a certain event coming up (will share later), and while I was in the mall I had to, haaaaad to, stop at Sephora and Chapters. When in Rome, right?

---

Any beauty or skincare recommendations? Or any favourites you have? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment