Monday, June 13, 2016

Sister Days & Life is TOO Short to Not Have Sweet Potato Fries


Alright, so we are BACK with another edition of the good ol' weekend recap post.

I know, I know. I didn't post on Wednesday, or on Friday as I had thought. Sticking to a blog schedule isn't hard per say, though I was kind of in vacation mode after Thursday.

Thursday was my Friday at work, and I was so ready for a longer (than normal) weekend. While I do have holidays scheduled in August, I was thinking that between now and August is a long time and maybe I wanted a little break sooner than that.

And a break is what I got! It was so damn nice, too.

Friday my sister and I went to Victoria for the day. Since I am still in training for the Lululemon SeaWheeze, I switched my long run to Friday morning and hit the trails for 11km before Sarah got to my house. Yes, having a plan is great, but having one where you can be flexible is even better! We stopped at a local vegetarian/vegan restaurant called Rebar downtown, refueled with some delicious enchiladas, and then headed towards Beacon Hill park. It had been a long time since I wandered around Beacon Hill park. It is such a beautiful park, and I highly recommend visiting if you have never been before!

They even had a gated rose garden. So beautiful, such an amazing fragrance!


The park was fairly busy with lots of tourists snapping pictures and admiring all the sights. Of course, Sarah and I had to partake in this, too!




There were soo many ducks, and gorgeous peacocks as well, as seen in the first photo of the post.


Sarah saw this sleeping moss lady online and was determined to find her. We were probably an hour and a half in before we found it, but there she is!

And a selfie to celebrate, duh ; )


Then we came back to my place, Ryan made turkey burgers for dinner and we watched tv before Sarah headed home. After all, we had a big day ahead of us on Saturday!

Aaaand of course I didn't get any pictures, but we went to Vancouver for the day!

One of my best friends (we worked together when I was living in Vancouver, in 2011/2012) lives there and it was almost a year since the last time we saw each other. In fact, the last time we got together was during my show weekend last year! We all went out for lunch, then Sarah and I got some shopping time in along Robson St. So much coffee, many drinks, and lots of treats were had. You know what though? I didn't even worry about it. I had fries at lunch AND at dinner, because why the hell not. Life is too damn short to not have the sweet potato fries, ya feel me? Besides, I was more into making memories than constantly thinking about how many vegetables and healthy foods I was consuming during our sister weekend. Life is all about balance, and that to me means enjoying myself when the time is right.


When I woke up Sunday morning it was 10AM - this is unheard of for me, considering when I "sleep in" it's usually until 7:30AM or 8:30AM at the latest. My body must have been tired from the long run and all of the walking Sarah and I did over the past few days. Judging by my health app on my phone, my steps were through the roof Friday and Saturday! That being said, the solid 10.5 hour sleep was much needed. Once we were up and moving, Ryan and I got our stuff together and headed to Costco to get groceries, and then spent the rest of the afternoon lounging. Seriously, I even lounged, and I'm not much of a just sit-back-and-do-nothing kind of person. We watched a movie called Draft Day (oh my GAWD it gave me the feels and had me engaged - not literally people - the whole time), then had some delicious fresh cod for dinner. It was such a nice day and evening spent together - low key, just the way we like it.

#retirementvibes

(Not kidding about that)


And here we are at Monday. 

This is how the day has gone so far:

Wake up, run for 35 minutes, down pour of rain starts approximately 3 minutes into run, trudge along anyway because you are already outside and might as well get it done, also quitting is lame and the half marathon is coming up in 8 weeks and 4 days, come home and chug water, read a chapter of Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban, get changed into yoga clothes, get gas, pick up groceries, go to hot yoga and sweat out of my toenails for 60 minutes, grab a delicious cookie on the way out, head home, have a shower, make breakfast, read more HP, do laundry, lounge, lounge, lounge, eat lunch, start writing a blog post. I even watched daytime TV which, embarrassingly enough, I actually love.

All in all, it has been a great break from the usual routine. If only every day was like this!

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment