Monday, June 20, 2016

Running on Empty & Taking Things Slow


So, this is about how I felt after my run today.

Generally on Mondays I run before hot yoga, but I decided to sleep in and take the morning slow and forego my morning run. "I'll do it after yoga!" Sure, great idea. I came home after running a few errands post-yoga class, made some oatmeal for breakfast and got started blogging. As I sat at the table enjoying my oats, I debated whether I wanted to catch up on my long run (didn't get it in on Saturday) or just continue on with my training plan as normal. Well, 1 o'clock in the afternoon rolled around and I figured it was about time to get out on the trail. Long story short, the long run didn't happen, I completed about 6,4km and dragged my butt the whole way in the heat, came home, and felt like flopping down in bed and staying there for a long, loooong time. Sometimes it just doesn't happen, and that's fine. I am such a routine person, and when that routine is disrupted (even by my own doing), it is hard for my body to respond quickly and respond well to the change. I was under fueled for my run which made me feel extra tired, and my body had already been worked from yoga in the morning, rather than doing my run and stretching it out in yoga after.

Ah well. Live and learn.


I have been taking this day nice and slow. No rushing, not hurrying around, just takin' my time and being a little bit lazy. The house is clean, laundry is done, I completed some meal prep for the week, so what else is there to do? Sit with a face mask and watch YouTube videos? Already did that. I am actually heading out soon, but until then, I am updating you quickly on this little bloggy of mine. Fortunately, despite my lounging today, I was at least productive in the sense that I have posts coming at you at their regularly scheduled times on Wednesday & Friday this week. Yahoo!

This weekend was full of friends and family. It couldn't have been any better! Since we were busy for most of Saturday and Sunday, I tried to make an effort to unplug for longer than usual and stay away from my phone. So, more pictures to commence later this week, but until then, you'll have to take my word that it was a great weekend without the photo evidence!

Alright, short and sweet! I am off to get ready (yes, it is 3:50pm and I am still sitting in my robe with wet hair). I will be back with more on Wednesday!

1 comment: