Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Easy Black Bean Spicy Peanut Pasta, May Favourites & Workout Recap

 


 


Hey everyone! I hope the week has been treating you all well so far. Since we are now officially in June, I wanted to share some favourite things with you for the month of May.

First things first, I want to kick this post off with one of my favourite dinners we had last week. I was in the mood for pad Thai, so this was the next best option, and fortunately it was a big hit! Easy peasy, too. 

Black bean & veggie pasta with spicy peanut sauce: 

Black bean pasta (found at Costco)

Cremini mushrooms
Yellow bell pepper
Dinosaur kale
Broccoli
Red onion

For the sauce:

1/2 cup natural peanut butter
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
Chilli flakes (to your liking)
Salt & pepper

How to:

Bring water to a boil and cook noodles for 8-10 minutes

Sauté together all vegetables with coconut or olive oil, until tender. 

Mix all sauce ingredients together, then stir sauce into veggies.

Plate noodles & add veggies on top. Sprinkle on more chilli flakes if you like things a bit spicy!

 

Today I wanted to do a recap of this last week in work outs. I have officially started training for the Lululemon Seawheeze half, so running has been in the mix!

Monday: Cathedral Grove with Ryan 

Tuesday: Hot yoga & a walk around Chemainus Lake with the Brownies
 
 
Wednesday: Track workout. 10 minute warm up, 6 X 30 second sprints with 1 minute walk in between. 10 minute cool down. I covered 3.1 miles (or 5km)

Thursday: Hot yoga

Friday: 20 minute run & stretching

Saturday: Long run, 10KM

Sunday: REST!

 

One of my May favourites has been this rose quartz bracelet I picked up at a cute little crystal shop on Monday when Ryan and I went up to Coombs. I also bought a tangerine quartz that I keep on my desk. 

 

I am slowly collecting items for my home office. Ryan so kindly hung one of my paintings, and I found an older Victorian style chair for the corner. As you can see, I don't have an ordinary desk chair. Having the exercise ball reminds me to keep my core engaged, and I have some resistance bands stashed in one of the desk drawers so I can workout, too. I want to find a small side table or something of the sort to put on the opposite wall on the right, as there is only a lonely picture hanging there. In time!

 

Speaking of pictures, I am also loving this painting that I picked up at Home Sense. Thankfully Ryan is a handy man, so I just had to show him where I wanted it and voila, it was hung! Just like magic ; )


A few desk favourites, which include the tangerine quartz I picked up in Coombs. Also pictured is citrine and amber, I believe! It is always nice to have fresh plants in the house, too : )

 

As you probably gathered by my book reviews lately, I have been into reading. I am reading consistently and am currently about half way through the first Harry Potter book. My book shelf is becoming full (this is only one stack of many), and I much prefer getting lost in a good book than watching tv. Let's face it. As soon as you put me on the couch to watch a movie, I am out like a light, but fortunately reading is a different story!

Favourite Work Outs of May: HOT YOGA and RUNNING! I am so happy to have rekindled my love of running, and the Seawheeze training plan helped move that love to "on again" status ; )

Bloggers of May: Read about 'em here, PLUS my sister's blog! Be sure to check it out & give her some love.

Favourite Day Trip: Well, pretty much the only day trip of the month, but Cathedral Grove!


That is all for my favourites - or all that I can think of, anyway! In a later post I will talk about some beauty things I have been loving, as I have purchased a few new goodies from Sephora that I am loving!

Until next time : )

What are you loving this month? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment