Monday, January 4, 2016

Welcome, 2016!


Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2016 & back to my little ol' blog.

December was one of the busiest months, and I am looking forward to new routines and settling into 2016. Between my family and Ryan's family, we had some kind of event going on almost every week; some weeks we would have two or three family things going on plus work and day to day things. Needless to say, I am ready for the New Year and excited for what's to come!



So, the photo that kicked off this blog post is me and Ryan's Christmas gift. We decided to do stockings for each other still, but we were in dire need of a new table, so that was our big holiday purchase. Although it did not arrive for Christmas, we brought it home December 29th & got everything set up. The table has two leaf inserts to make it extra long, which will make life so much easier when it comes to hosting dinners or just having people over in general

On New Year's Eve my parents had a party, and it ended up being so much fun! We weren't sure who would show up since it was pretty much an open invitation, but once 9pm rolled around, the house was full of people. The party didn't stop until 5:30am too - although that was mostly my dad & his buddy in a competitive round of whiskey shooters. Yup, count me out! I ended up going to bed at 3am and, I'll admit, I was a hurting unit on Friday. Thankfully I had the day off! Saturday was back to work, yesterday was a day off full of sleeping in, taking Christmas down & then dinner at my parents' house, and here we are at today!


Today's morning view. When we left my parents' house last night it was lightly snowing. Well, I suppose it either got heavier or just accumulated during the night, because we had a couple centimetres of snow dusted on the ground when I woke up. It didn't last long, though! The little bit of rain that we had today washed it all away.


Today was spent getting organized, which includes typing up a blog post and writing in my planner for the week ahead. I am scheduling in "blog posts" in my planner to make sure I am consistent. That being said, I am aiming for blogging at least twice per week. Other 2016 goals include completing my personal training certification, going on more weekend trips (or adventures in general), reading two books per month (currently on my second one for January), running the Lululemon SeaWheeze half marathon, completing the Shred plan (offered by my competition coach), and starting the garden at my parents' house again.

Oh yeah, and then this happened today:


New hair cut, new work out plan, new goals for 2016 - ready, set, go!

What are your 2016 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment