Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday Mumbles & Weekend Fun


Hello, and happy Monday everyone!

I am here with a quick blog post before I head to my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday! I hope to get plenty of pictures tonight to share with you later on this week.

Since the last time we chatted, there's been a few work days and a weekend thrown in there. The weekend for me went by so fast!

Saturday after work I hopped on the treadmill to complete the second half of my run. Second half? Yeah, I was about 7 miles short of my weekly goal of 25 miles, so I ran four in the morning and then three after work. Fortunately, I worked up an appetite so I was more than ready for our dinner reservation at 6:30 that night! If you live on Vancouver Island, I highly recommend checking out the Dayliner Cafe. You will not be sorry! The food, the wine, the ambiance - ah! Both Ryan and I LOVED our meals. He had a fancy beef dish that I can't spell the name of, and I had the pasta which had a creamy tomato dressing, other veggies and some scallops. So, good! Plus you can also (each) get an appetizer and dessert. And wine, because who doesn't love wine.

All in all, it was a fantastic evening! When we arrived back home, it was time to get comfy on the couch and have some quality snuggle time with Simba. As crazy as that cat is, he is pretty cuddly! And to be honest, some nights I just want to stay in with my favourite guys and watch tv. Does anyone feel the same?

Yesterday the majority of my day was spent in Nanaimo shopping with my sister Sarah. We hit up the mall, Chapters, Home Sense, and of course had to grab a holiday Starbucks while we were in the area. I did not get any pictures of what I bought, as I mostly purchased gifts for people with the exception of my face moisturizer (which I'll talk more about in a post about skincare!).


So, here we are at Monday. I slept in to the glorious hour of 9:08AM and don't even remember Ryan saying goodbye before work. I briefly recall someone sitting at the edge of the bed, but to be honest I was just in la la land! The morning was spent making my usual every day oats for breakfast, drinking coffee, and doing laundry. When I have a relaxing morning, I find that my whole day feels more centered and less rushed than if I sprang out of bed and decided to be GO, GO, GO right off the bat. After breakfast (this was about 11AM by now), I went downstairs to the basement and hopped on my treadmill. I'll be honest and say that I don't like running in miserable, rainy weather, which has been the case here lately. So, I got in 8.3 miles (13.35KM), then headed back upstairs to shower and get myself ready for the day. I planned a few things in my planner that I wanted to get done, and checking things off my list is so satisfying!


A look at my planner spread this week. For those of you looking for a planner, I highly suggest the Erin Condren design planner as it has large boxes & is super customize-able! For those who are wondering (because a million bajillion people read my lil ol' blog), the candle in the picture is from Winners, and was a little find I came across today.

I hope you all had a wonderful day today! I am off to get ready & will talk to you all in the next one. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment