Monday, February 16, 2015

Who Wants a Cat? Weekend Recap


Hey, hey, hey! It's Monday again, and I have you guys booked in my planner.

I'm not kidding. In order to remind myself to blog once a week I wrote down "BLOG POST" every Monday for the next couple months (at least). It is keeping me accountable, and it forces me to set time aside in the day to reflect and check in with you guys, which I don't mind, even if only my family members are reading this little blog of mine.

To recap the week, nothing too interesting happened. The usual working, going to the gym, and hanging out with Ryan and Simba when I get home. We did, however, go to my parents' house on Thursday night and picked up the ELLIPTICAL machine! I am so excited. So now there is a treadmill and elliptical in the garage, so a few more choices when I actually make it out of bed for morning cardio. I admit, it is currently my go-to choice in the morning when I am half asleep. Something about the thought of jumping on a treadmill for HIIT at 6AM does not sound appealing, but gently waking up on the elliptical does. All in the mind, I suppose. All in the mind.

This weekend was also the day of loooove. That's right. It was Valentine's Day, and now we can all enjoy discount chocolate! Well, those of us who have chocolate in the meal plan (which generally does not include bikini competitors). Although I can't have chocolate right now, I did have some on Valentine's Day, but I made sure to keep my workouts and other meals in check as to not over do it!

After work on Saturday I came home, hopped on the elliptical and got my cardio in. Then, Ryan surprised me by coming home early and made a beautiful and delicious salmon dinner with roasted veggies. Yes, and roses to boot! I am lucky.


Simba could smell the fish cookin' and was trying to dig in with us, but sorry, no cats allowed there pal. It was seasoned with cracked black pepper, dill, and lots of lemon. I swear I could eat lemon on any and everything! I am drinking lemon water as we speak.


Valentine's Day gifts included a dozen red roses, a book I have been eyeing up (back story: I was going to buy this book at Chapters one day, but put it back on the shelf to browse around some more. Much to my dismay, when I came back the book had been scooped up by someone and of course it was the last one. Cue disappointed Holly here). I am excited to dig into this book with a nice cup of tea this week!

Side note: I say that all the time, but have yet to finish the last two books I've started. All in due time.


Fast forward to today. I woke up early, got my cardio in, then headed off to the gym for a check-in with my personal trainer. So far, so good, and no changes to my plan as of right now. Everything is humming along, and I am losing inches consistently. I still have a few months left until my show date, June 28th, so there will be more changes ahead. Following my check-in, I got in my glute workout, picked out fabric for my second suit (for the fitness model category), and then Ryan and I went off to Nanaimo. We were on the hunt for side tables for the bedroom, but came home with some fancy decorative boxes for the bathroom (I figure my ratty black make up bag isn't too appealing to the eye), two sets of new towels, and a rug that Simba has already pulled some yarn out of.

Anybody want a cat?

I kid, I kid. 

It ended up being a productive day, and we came home to a beautiful sunset while we were on our way home. We are still going, though! Dinner is sizzling away, I have meal prep to do, and then it's bed time. Phewf.

I hope you all have had a wonderful week!

Let me know in the comments what your favourite weekend moment was this weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.exercisebikeparadise.com

    ReplyDelete