Monday, February 9, 2015

Big News: What the Heck I've Been Up To


Hey, hey!

Happy Monday!
I hope your week is off to a good start.

My day started slowly. That's the beauty of long weekends. You can sleep in, take your time rolling out of bed, and enjoy coffee on the couch while you eat your oatmeal and watch Cityline. Anyone else? That's exactly what I did this morning, and I was so happy to be able to take some extra time and relax. Sometimes I feel like life is pretty go, go, go (only because I make it that way by choice), so being able to unwind first thing in the morning without anywhere to rush to is so nice.


Flashback to Saturday afternoon in an almost-empty gym, workin' on my shoulders. PS, don't mind my eyebrows. Those are getting fixed tomorrow, thank goodness! Today I did a metabolic workout at home, which was kind of like a bootcamp style workout in that I had various stations set up and completed exercises such as push ups, lunges, and jump squats (to name a few). I repeated my circuit 5x through and after those 40 minutes, I was feeling equal parts happy and sore!

So, what have I been up to lately? I guess I should just tell you guys now before I get to the end of the post and forget to let you know. Well, I have been spending a lot of time in the gym and in my kitchen meal prepping for my very first BIKINI AND FITNESS COMPETITION!

Holy. Crap.

I know.

I KNOW!
The thought has always been in the back of my mind, and after looking into the prep that goes into the whole process and meeting with a group at my gym about the topic, I decided to just jump in. I mean, why the heck not, right? What do I have to lose? Besides weight and inches, of course. Ha ha, so funny. I was looking for a new challenge in 2015. To be honest, running was getting a little dull and boring for me. Yeah, 5km, 10km, and half marathons are fantastic, don't get me wrong. However, I was feeling a little been there, done that when I began to think of running goals I wanted to accomplish. Why not the marathon, you ask? I'm just not THERE right now, especially since I am craving something new and different. We will see about where I'm at in the fall. Maybe a marathon will be on the horizon, maybe not. To be honest, I am less focused on putting on the miles and more focused on my show in June. It is scary, exciting, and just the challenge I need! I hope you will come along on this ride with me as I will be posting here on the blog about once a week with updates!


 Simba is enjoying a tall glass of fresh beet and apple juice. So sophisticated.

So, yeah! There's the big update for you. I have officially picked out the fabric and accessories for my bikini which is being custom made by a woman who specializes in competition and dance outfits. I can't wait to see the finished result!

Have a great evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment