Friday, August 8, 2014

The Longest Four Day Week In the History of Four Day Weeks


Here is the revised picture a coworker sent to me:


And this is 100% accurate.

FRIDAY IS FINALLY HERE!

You'd think the days would go by zipping fast because there's only four rather than five, but for some reason this week just dragged on. And on. And on. And it didn't end. And it's still not done. Perhaps it's because I have been extra frustrated and kind of stressed out this week. Lots has been on my mind (revolving around the same subject), and it's gotten to a point where my mind is jam packed with a bajillion thoughts and it gets distracting. Hopefully this funk passes soon. Have you felt that way before!?

Save my soul. Anyway, let's look back at the (incredibly slow moving) week.

Tuesday I took a rest day. My hip was hurting a little bit thanks to overstretching it on Monday, and I was advised by a certain smart man in my life that "it's better to take a day off than injuring yourself more and having to take off a whole month, OR MORE." Yes, oh wise one. I have to admit that the day of rest was much needed, and my Wednesday's run was great!

Wednesday: 6.31 mile run, 20 minute strength training that focused on squats, standing leg lifts (to strengthen the outer hips), tricep dips, and core work. I have also been walking on my coffee break + lunch break at work (hooray, fresh air and MOVEMENT!), which rounds out to 2 miles if I am only walking on one of my coffee breaks. I try to do this every day, but sometimes the afternoon coffee break is missed!

Thursday: 4.35 mile run + 30 minutes strength training.
3 x 10 squats
3 x 10 push ups
3 x 10 shoulder press, 3 x 10 chest press
1 minute plank
4 x 25 weighted oblique bends
3 x 10 bent over rows
3 x 12 bicep curls
2 x 25 weighted plie squats



I am not too sure what is on the running plan for today, but it'll be an easy paced run since my legs are a bit sore from yesterday's work out!

I'd have to say that the phrase below definitely applies to me lately. What the heck. Negative Nancy over here or what? Admitting is the first step, riiiight? And the next is probably changing the environment that is causing the stress. In the works, people. In the works.


Anywho, I am off! Have a fantastic Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment