Sunday, March 30, 2014

Once Upon a Time, I Brushed My Hair & Ran


Pre-drinks for a highschool friend's birthday celebration. It's always nice to connect with people I haven't seen in a long time. Plus, when red wine is involved it's definitely not bad!


Hello, plants! I started some plants indoors, and they are thriving! The ones above are cherry tomatoes, but I also have broccoli, cauliflower, onions (which just started to sprout!), basil, and cilantro started inside. The weather was decent this weekend, so I was able to get out and plant in the garden this afternoon. It makes me happy to spend time outside, and so far there's garlic and possibly some radishes sprouting - it is undetermined whether the radishes will survive since the garden bed became flooded after the gutters overflowed (ughhhh big mess!), so we shall see! Regardless, it'll be a true test of Mother Nature. This afternoon I planted spinach, lettuce, parsnips for a winter harvest and carrots!


Scene's from Wednesday's run. I lost my Garmin and haven't been able to find it for weeks now, so I have been relying on the app RunKeeper on my phone to record my distance and pace. The only downside to this is that my phone died when I was almost finished my run. Oh well! I didn't have much farther to go and completed just under 4 miles.


Yesterday I actually took the time to blowdry and brush my hair (and wear something other than pajamas or leggings), because I was speaking at the Shawnigan Lake Business Association's Shawnigan Gathering event about social media! It was a fantastic way to network with local business people, talk social media and introduce how it can benefit their businesses. Why did I do this? You'll find out at the end of the post ;)


And today's sunshine filled run! I wanted to get out there before the clouds rolled in and the rain started comin' down. So far it's been holding off and it's just cloudy, but it was nice to get out in the sunshine!

Hope you guys had a fantastic weekend!

And a little mini announcement slash self promotion...



I started a social media and online marketing company! Be sure to head over to my website, HD Social Media to check out the services I offer. I look forward to working with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment