Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ten Thousand Years Later...


Hey friends! It's been a long time, hasn't it? The blog has kinda taken a backseat as you can tell, but I figured I'd share some pictures of what's been happening and update you on lifeeeee and all that fun stuff!

I've still been eatin' my veggies: see photo above. 


I've also been planning my garden! Garden beds are built, some seeds have already been started indoors, and all that's left is spring to finally come around! I thought I'd be able to put more soil into the other two garden beds, but we basically had a torrential downpour all. freakin'. day! today, so that was a no go. So, I started peppers, cauliflower, and broccoli indoors this afternoon so they will be ready to transplant once Mother Nature permits!


Birthday snow man. My birthday was last month, and I celebrated by making a little snowman with my boyfriend. You know you're old when...


If you haven't tried making a personal pizza on naan bread, then I'm sorry you are missing out on such a beautiful creation. I urge you to try it now! I would like to make my own naan bread next time and see how that turns out :) I have enjoyed actually putting thought into my meals and cooking everything from scratch. There is something so satisfying about making a meal that everyone else enjoys! Tonight I made a ginger teriyaki stir fry with chickpeas - filling and I could pronounce every single ingredient that went into the dish! That's the way it should be!


Kickin' back with a cup of Earl Grey after shoveling cow poop and garden soil all day. Fortunately the garden is coming together now! 


Yogi Tea has the best quotes on their tea bags. A little smile during the work day!


This book is fantastic! I ordered it on Amazon.ca at the beginning of the month, and it came in the mail earlier this week. It is full of delicious, healthy recipes that use clean ingredients. I am excited to experiment some more in the kitchen!


Trail walks with Marley and the notorious photo bombin' Sarah.


An evening walk with Sarah and Marley last night. It's so nice being able to be outside at 6:30pm and still have some day light! Of course, I had to add an Instagram filter to this picture and it was actually 8 o'clock at night, so the sun had gone down, but I digress :)

And now we are at today! I joined a run club last month which has been a fun way to make new friends, run with company, and actually have a training plan to stick to. Today called for an hour and a half of running, which translated to 10 miles (16 km) for me. After my run, I stretched for a bit and then went to the health food store for some goodies. Don't worry. A shower happened before I went out in public. At the health food store I picked up a giant bottle of apple cider vinegar (my sister is probably puking in her mouth if she's reading this right now!), buckwheat groats and hemp seeds. Our pantry had been without hemp seeds for far too long! Other than that, the day was spent hanging out, plantin' some seeds, cleaning up, and then making dinner. I actually kind of love days like this!

I hope you all have been doing well, and I will try to pop in and visit more often! Honestly, I didn't exactly know where I wanted this little blog to go, but I wanted to stay in touch with the few people who may read it. So, I will continue to post, even if it isn't every day. I hope you will understand that!

If you are interested in my life and what I do and things I see and pictures I take, follow me on Instagram! Or follow me on Twitter, where I try to post witty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment