Thursday, August 29, 2013

Updates & Happy Thoughts


I don't like posting when I have nothing to say and when I'm in a bad mood, so that explains the week (plus) long hiatus I've been on. I like to keep things relatively happy here and at the risk of being a Debby Downer, Negative Nancy, Unhappy Ursula (I made that last one up - can you tell?), I figured I would stay away from the blogging world and hit RESET on my brain.

This includes hitting reset on my thoughts, too! August was a pretty horrible month work out wise. I say this because working a physical job can also mean minor injuries, and that coupled with my love for being active 24/7 isn't an ideal combination. Anyway, I'm trying to get myself out of that rut and get back to it while keeping in mind I need to be gentle on myself and not go crazy.

Thaaaaaat being said, now that I have the treadmill at home it will be hard to resist hopping on there every extra minute I get. This is why I stopped at 4.2 gloriously pain free miles this evening before dinner. Sure, I could have ran some more, but I was feeling on top of the world when I sat there on my yoga mat stretching and basking in my endorphins. Ahh, yes. Feels so good to be back!

Back in moderation, of course. I have a half marathon scheduled for next Sunday, and the smart part of me says, "You didn't train for this in August. Perhaps that's not a good idea." But then the other smart part (I am all brains) says, "At least try. Don't expect any PR's or expect to run hard. Run wisely and listen to your body." Which side do you think I'm going to go with?

So, yeah. That's a happy thought, right? The other happy thought was about the treadmill. That thing has been every where with me! Island, Vancouver, Island again. I'm going to run on that thang until it breaks. And then I'll probably cry and that won't be a happy thought. That'll be the end of the world!


Another happy thought: Fall is around the corner (or rather, back to school), and this means new fitness classes will be starting up. I'm thinking boot camp or spinning or pilates or yoga!? Or all of them!? Or would that be too much? My brain is buzzing with all the options. So many things I want to do, so little time.

Anyway, just a short and sweet post so you guys don't think I fell off the face of the earth. Nope, I'm still here! Positive Polly all the way. Talk to you guys soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment