Monday, July 29, 2013

Boat Adventure, Higher Mileage & A VIDEO!


Saturday night boat cruise with the fam. It was my first time going out on the boat so far this summer, and it was a beautiful night to be on the water! Sunny and warm, and lots of people were taking advantage of the great weather. We took Marley out as well, and although he doesn't actually like the water (I know, right?), he was still SO excited to be out playing. And when I say playing I mean jumping around and crushing my already beaten up feet. Thanks, bud!

So, in my last post I mentioned wanting to do some higher mileage. This is what that mileage looked like last week:


Yup, pretty sure I nailed that one! The total miles was shy of 42, but DailyMile rounds up, FYI ;) I was so excited when I checked my total monthly miles as well, because my goal is 110 and I am at 109 with a couple days to spare.

To be honest, I like this higher mileage. This week I haven't felt sore at all (aside from a tiny bit of calf pain on Tuesday, but that went away almost immediately after some proper stretching - who woulda thunk), and I don't feel as if my appetite has changed too much either with the increase in miles. Hunger = runger. I can't promise that I will have 40+ running miles each week, but now that I know I can do it quite easily, it gives me confidence for weeks to come!

This is basically the attitude I had to tackle my mileage goal this week:


Oh, Schmidt. You dawg.

On another note, here is a short video of the other few things I purchased last Monday (you know, the day I didn't need to buy the new Mizuno Wave Sayonara runners...). I am still awkward on camera and need to practice the art of getting more comfortable talking to my laptop! :P

That is all, folks! Have a fantastic night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment