Saturday, June 29, 2013

20 Questions: A Fabulous Fitness Survey


I came across this fitness survey from Carrots n Cake & thought I would take a swing at it! I love doing these survey kinda things, so heeeeeere we go!


1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Every day oatmeal! Bananas, natural PB, hemp/chia/flax/sunflower seeds, often switched up with some blueberries or raspberries on top. This morning was raspberries.


2. How much water do you drink each day?
A lot. I'd say 3-4 litres? And that's not counting tea, either! I don't drink juice or pop, and I always keep my 1L water bottle with me at all times and refill it often! Yes, I pee a lot.

3. What is your current favourite workout?
I don't mind running ;)


4. How many calories do you eat in a day?
Ugh, who knows. I don't count calories specifically or have a set amount I eat every single day. I probably eat my weight in peanut butter, which is probably more than your average serving size.

5. What are your favourite healthy snacks?
- Ants on a log! Aka celery with natural peanut butter and raisins
- Greek yogurt with fruit (favourite fruits as of late: blueberries, raspberries, pear)
- Veggies with hummus
- Almonds/mixed nuts (unsalted)

6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I eat a lot of salads (a good way to get in lots of vitamins, nutrients & your daily veggies!), and I have recently ventured into the veggie sandwiches on sprouted grain bread. I also enjoy anything with avocado on top, and veggie burgers!




7. What's your favourite body part to strength train?
I will go with boo-tay and legs on this one! And arms too. And back and shoulders. I am not picky!

8. What's your least favourite body part to strength train?
Abs. Unless I am laughing so hard it becomes a workout, I'd rather not have to lay there and do crunches. Planks, however, I like those!

9. What are your "bad" food cravings?
Choooooocooooooolaaaaaaaateeeeeee.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Nope, I do not.

11. How often do you eat out?
Not very often, to be honest! I have started to pinch my pennies (my mother is probably reading this and rolling her eyes since I am already "frugal"), so eating out often isn't in the budget. Plus I like to cook my own food and know what's going into it!

12. Do you eat fast food?
Not McDonalds or anything like that, but I suppose Subway is fast food!

13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My family. I want to do something, they look at me like I'm crazy and then say, "You can do it."

14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes, at FitStop, an all women's gym. That runs out in August I think!

15. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
Probably somewhere between 7-8. Maybe 8.5 some nights!

16. Do you have a "cheat" day?
No. I allow myself little indulgences almost daily so I don't go insane! Always important to have that balance. No food is "off limits" (unless you have allergies or sensitivities). It's all about moderation!


17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yes, but not often at all.

18. Do you have a workout buddy?
My sister! We often hit up the gym together. Keeps me from being too lazy!

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
Um, everything? I used to be 40lbs heavier than I am now, miserable and insecure about my body, but now I am so thankful that I decided to make the change for my health. Never in my life did I think I could run for more than a single minute, let alone run seven half marathons (and counting) in the span of two years. Adopting a healthy lifestyle is so much more than your appearance. You learn to nurture yourself and take care of yourself from the inside out. Your energy changes, your body and mind changes, your everything changes for the better. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like now if I hadn't made a healthier change. It is certainly not a place I will be going back to - only up from here!

20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Refilled my water bottle :)


After work I headed to the gym and got in a 5 mile run and some weights. I have been trying to add weights back into my life in a major way, as in at least three times a week. I focused mostly on upper body today (with the exception of 3 sets on the leg press machine), which included:
3 x 10 bicep curls standing on Bosu ball for some balance work
3 x 12 lat pull downs
3 x 12 chest presses
3 x 12 bent-over rows
25 oblique bends

Hope you are enjoying the SUNSHINY WEATHER! :) Happy weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment