Saturday, June 8, 2013

12 by 12 & My Dream Life


Good afternoon, friends!

How is your weekend going so far?

Quick recap of Friday (picture above is from last night): No run/workout. I watched a play at the high school with my mom, then went out for lunch at a local cafe and had a delicious veggie quesidilla and coconut curry carrot soup (SOOO tasty!), got a pedicure, went out for dinner with my sister, celebrated national donut day with a blueberry fritter from Tim Hortons (things like that taste sooo much better when they are a treat!), and finally went to a dance recital in the evening. Eventful!

Now for today. I woke up earlier than usual and started my day with a cup of coffee and soon after that headed out for a run. It is cloudy outside today, but it was nice weather for a long run. No rain, yay!


I completed twelve miles before noon. Originally the plan was to run ten, but I was in a good groove and kept truckin'. I ventured into town, without showering I may add (you're welcome, city of totems), then stretched it out at the gym before picking up some groceries. Naturally, this means selfie time!


On the drive home I sipped on an iced skinny caramel macchiatto from Starbucks. My sweet tooth had kicked in, and I needed some form of fuel in my system otherwise I'd end up buying EVERYTHING at the store on impulse. That being said, I purchased a few things I didn't really need, such as a pint of blueberries and some raspberries, to name a few. They made tasty snacks for the ride though!

Woohoo. And. AND! On another note, I am even icing my legs as we type this. I haven't done it in so long, but after a long run I figured it's just what my muscles need. Since we have no bathtub in our house, ice baths are out of the question. I have to improvise!

Brandon and I came up with the idea of themed dinner nights the other day, so Thursday it was tacos (or some variation of Mexican food), Friday is supposed to be pizza but we missed that since I wasn't home, and tonight we are back on track with SEAFOOD SATURDAY! I picked up some wild Sockeye salmon for dinner, and I'm debating what else I should make with it. Vegetables, of course. Quinoa? Brown rice? Salad? ALL OF THE ABOVE!? The options are endless - kind of. It sure is a lot easier when your cupboards and fridge is stocked, though!


And now it is time to watch Sex & the City. I own all of the seasons, and it's about time I start from season one and watch the episodes all over again. Yep, I don't care what anyone says, but SATC is the greatest TV series of all time. Plus it's the only one that has really captured my attention due to the expensive shoes and clothes that I will ONE DAY, one dayyyyy, be able to afford. In the meantime, I will live my life vicariously through Carrie Bradshaw (minus the whole Russian BS, ugh), and continue to dream.

Oookay, that was a whole other tangent! Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment