Saturday, April 20, 2013

Relocation, Food for Thought & Rundies


My outfit: long sleeve black tech shirt (from skinnyrunner.com, unpictured), Lululemon Ta-Ta Tamer (unpictured for obvious reasons), Lululemon Runder Unders, grey sport socks from Adidas, Mizuno Wave Elixir 8 runners.

I went out for a 10 mile run this morning, and I was glad I got it in before the rain started! Of course, it's clear now, but I am thankful I got to take advantage of some sunshine (albeit cloudy skies) this morning.


News: Brandon & I have moved into our own basement suite! I am super excited. He is fun to live with, and he is much tidier than I (I am TRYING!), so it is a good fit. We also had my family over for dinner last night, where I made balsamic salmon, brown rice, roasted veggies & salad. It was delicious! My family brought a big bucket of fruit salad, so that was enjoyed after (on top of chocolate dark cherry frozen yogurt. Mmm). This is also one of the reasons why I have not been blogging as much as usual, because we don't have internet! Good thing I signed up for it the other day, and it will be installed on Wednesday. How am I supposed to catch up on all the New Girl episodes!?

Anyway, back to the long run:


I thought these were only fitting! Gotta love the Rundies.

After I finished showering and was feeling like a normal human again, as opposed to a tired sweaty mess, I fixed myself up some FOOD! Hooray, best part of the day. By this time I'm at my parent's house, so I used some ingredients they had on hand to whip up this filling lunch:


1 small sweet potato (chopped), 2 small carrots (chopped), broccoli florets roasted with garlic, lemon & herb seasoning and pepper, on top of romaine lettuce with tuna. Mmm! Simple and delicious.

Some other pictures from the week:


Running magazines with a side of chocolate peanut butter protein oats and coffee. This is the recipe for a wonderful day!


Wednesday's work out

And below, a snacky dinner! I purchased some Yves Broccoli Bites when Brandon and I went out grocery shopping, so they are on the plate there too (and taste yuuuuuuummyyyy dipped in ketchup).


Aaand I think that's about it! Nothing else exciting is happening in my life, aside from the usual working and hanging around the house things. I finished my book about marathon running finally (after losing it, then simply not reading it for a while), and it is making me seriously consider a full marathon in the fall. I am always thinking about it, but I am not quite brave enough (YET!) to click that register button. Food for thought.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment