Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chocolate PB Cup Explosion, Flashback to Grade Four & Slacking


Good evening!

I kicked off my Saturday with a 6.02 mile run on the treadmill, some good tunes blasting in my ears and the thought of breakfast in my head. I originally thought about having my usual oatmeal plain without any extra add-ins, but then I remembered I purchased some chocolate protein powder. This would be perfect for rebuilding muscle! I added a heaping tablespoon to my dry oats, and then a tablespoon of cocoa powder for some extra chocolatey goodness. Hey, they say chocolate has antioxidants, so why not? It was like a peanut butter cup exploded in my oatmeal, then was sprinkled with some raisins and fresh banana. Aka, it was heaven in a bowl. If you are looking for a chocolate protein powder, the one below is what I'm using:


It's a plant-based protein powder with tons of protein and fiber (as you can tell by the label). Although I still have a tub of the Vega Vanilla Chai protein powder, this one is a little more universal as chocolate is a great base for any bowl of oats or any smoothie! I find the chai flavour clashes with certain fruits.

I am trying hard to add more protein to my diet, so I had an over-easy egg in addition to my oatmeal this morning. Honestly, I felt full and satisfied until it was well past lunch time. I am going to have to do that more often! My lunch included some tuna for protein, which I haven't had in quite a while. I must say, I missed it!

For dinner tonight we are having Greek salad, and my parents are having Greek-spiced chicken. I think I might make a batch of quinoa (a complete protein) and add some chickpeas to it!

How do you add protein to your diet? Meat lover or plant lover?


And just for fun, here's an extra large picture of my sister and I at the Lush party we attended a few weeks ago! I think the last time I wore a bandana like this is when I was in grade four and thought wearing my hair in a million braids was SO cool (yeah, I was that kid).


Is anybody out there racing tomorrow? There is a Cobble Hill 10K tomorrow morning, but I just spotted that today, and I'm not sure if it's too late to register or not. Too bad, because I do have 5 miles planned for tomorrow! One mile over my target for the week wouldn't be that bad! Speaking of mileage, I hit 101 miles for the month of January today, and the month isn't even over! It's funny, because the other day I was talking about how I had slacked on my running at the beginning of the week, and when I look back on my training, I definitely improved over my long runs and got speedier this month. I am excited for what February holds! Um, like my birthday, but that's besides the point. I'm excited for what it brings running wise and how I will improve. Aaaand not get injured, because I had a date with my ice pack tonight, and that rendezvous needs to happen more often after my runs! No time for slackin' on the recovery.

Dinner time! Have a great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment