Saturday, December 29, 2012

Wake Up, Kick Ass, Repeat & Resolutions



Hey party people! Welcome to an exciting edition of Holly's crazy Saturday night on the blog - ha! It's tea time in my neck of the woods, complete with some frozen hashbrowns and ice packs on my legs. I had a hard time waking up this morning. Originally, I planned to get in a bit of an upper body work out, but I ended up sleeping past my alarm (what a surprise)! Anyway, the workout had to wait until after work, and I'm actually happy I waited! I felt strong during my run, and watched Bridget Jones from the comfort of the treadmill. All you treadmill haters are crazy! ;) I completed five miles in total, then walked for just over five minutes to cool down.

Question: Does everyone strut like they're walking on a catwalk when they cool down to "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce, or is that just me? Not that that happened today or anything... Cough, cough.


So, I guess it's almost time to start making New Year's resolutions for 2013. I basically accomplished all of my goals for 2012 (the biggest being "run a half marathon" - oops, I ran five), so I am looking forward to thinking of some more goals.

One thing I have started doing again is keeping a journal of my meals and workouts. I found it really helped me while I was amping up my running, and I think it will be a good way for me to keep track of my 2013 training. I may even browse around for a half marathon training plan, so I will have something to stick to. I generally just wing it, but I am curious as to what having a solid plan feels like. Then I will have no excuses! Or rather, I shouldn't have any excuses, but ya know, sleeping in happens. A lot.

What are your resolutions for 2013?


One thing that I do want to do in 2013 is to rest when I need to and listen to my body more. 2012 was a go-go-go year in terms of running. Go harder, go faster, go longer, run as much as you can. I'd like to continue to strive for more while also taking care of my body and listening to it when it tells me to back off. Icing more is part of that list, so I've already got a head start on that tonight! Time to make it a habit.

Have a faaaabulous weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment