Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Tree Hunting & Festive Foam Rolling


Good evening!

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend and had either a wonderfully productive day or a glorious lazy day today. They are both equally great!

I had a bit of both mixed in my day. Slept in until 8:30, made the usual oatmeal for breakfast, puttered around a bit and then headed off to find a Christmas tree with Brandon and the family. We stopped at Walmart before the tree hunting adventure began to find some last minute gifts for people, and I am proud to say that I didn't buy anything for myself! Every time I've been Christmas shopping, I'll find at least one thing for myself. However, it really helps if you don't even bring your purse with you. That was the trick today!

Anyway, we stopped at a tree farm that ended up being a doozy. Boo, dead trees! So the adventure continued, and we ended up finding the beauty above. The second farm we visited was FULL of gorgeous trees of all shapes and sizes. I am happy we have found one that is perfect!


The next challenge was rearranging the living room to make room for the new addition. I will be sure to post once it is all decorated!

After lunch, I decided to do something crazy. I decided to run! I plugged in my headphones and zoned out on a Christmas station on the Songza app. If you are an iPhone user & love to listen to different music playlists, I highly recommend this app! It is seriously awesome. While I ran, I thought about calling it quits at four miles. I mean, that's better than none! Why do four when you can do five, though?

Five miles, done and done! I even made sure to stretch and foam roll after.


Yep, can't take a picture without a bit of Christmas in there.

I am now lounging on the couch with my gingerbread girl (yes, they are gingerbread cookies wearing dresses...) pajama pants on and an electrical therapy pad thing stuck to my leg. It feels so weird, but so cool at the same time!

Anyway, I must dash. Brandon & I are going to a Christmas train thing tonight with a couple friends, so I should probably wear something a little more weather appropriate. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment