Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Quit Bitching & Proud Mama Bears


 
Yesterday was a rest day from running (although I had planned to do five miles), but I got in a great upper body work out. As you know, I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to strength training, ergo why I signed up for a bootcamp class twice a week. Every time I strength train I think, "Hey, this is pretty fun. I should do this more often." Then I start running, and I think. "Hell YES! This is way better than anything ever in life. I'm going to run forever and ever and ever today!" However, I thought I'd do something different yesterday, and this morning I did something different too.
 
I quit my bitching and started moving. It's easy to say, "I'll just do it later." or "Tomorrow is a new day." While both of those ring true for me, I figured I would bust out at least SOME kind of work out before the work day began. So, I did the following:
 
 
- Warrior 3 with bent-over row: 3 x 10 (each leg), 10lbs
- Booty bridges: 3 x 12, 10lbs
- Stiff-legged deadlifts: 3 x 12, 10lbs
- Warrior 2 Lunges, 3 x 10, body weight
- Squats, 2 x 25, 10lbs
 
My legs felt good after! Almost a little sore, but no pain, no gain, right?

Some other random moves (I've got the mooooves) I did today:

Tricep dips, 2 x 30
Ab roll-outs (on the exercise ball), 3 x 10
 
On to more important things of today, such as RUNNING!


 
Since I skipped my five miler yesterday, I did it today after work. Strength AND cardio in one day? I was feeling adventurous! That, and I also wanted to get some more miles in before the half marathon Sunday. It is creeping up so fast, but positivity is key. I refuse to go into the race thinking I'm going to suck ass. For one, I know I'm not (and that's not me being cocky. That's me being confident in my abilities), and I don't want to drag myself down with negative talk. The world has enough negative Nancies. I don't want to drag myself down, so onwards and upwards we go!
 
 
Anyway, we now return from my strange tangent there. Whoopsies.
 
The run went well! Since it was still warm outside and my Garmin is currently laying on the floor with a low battery, I hit the treadmill. I watched part of The Voice while I ran, and I must say, it helps the time pass quickly. I know a lot of people don't like treadmill running, but I love it. Love, love, love. I love fresh air, too. Actually, I just love running.
 
Now, I'll stop being such a sap! It must be all the emotions flyin' high on The X Factor tonight. Does anyone else feel like a proud mama bear when someone they like moves on to the next round? Or when someone pressed the button and turns around on The Voice? No? Just me? Oh, okay.
 
Have a good night everyone! I might hit ya with a video tomorrow. Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment