Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tiny Goals for the Big Picture & Part One of a Shopping Adventure

 
 
The best thing about days off is that they are days off. You can do whatever you want without any time restrictions, and you can make plans to have no plans if you want. I went into my weekend with zero plans. I mean, I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but nothing was set in stone.
 
My idea was to go to Nanaimo and check out the mall. What I did was go to Nanaimo and check out the mall. Funny how that happens when you can do whatever you want!
 
Originally, I thought it would be a good idea to buy a pair of boots. Fall is here, leaves will be all soggy on the ground once the rain comes, and my Hunter boots aren't as stylish as a nice pair of leather boots. However, I didn't find a pair that I fell in love with. I needed that WOW, I HAVE TO HAVE THOSE! kind of moment before I forked over some moolah for something I'd stick my feet into. Running shoes, no problem. Boots that would last me for more than like three months? Ehh, I don't know.
 
So, I bought some other things instead. This includes the Lush products in the top picture. Since the weather is changing right now, my skin has decided to play this horribly rude game where it gets dry in some spots and drives me crazy. I used the Celestial face moisturizer before (religiously for over a year, probably) with good results, so I bought it again alongside a face mask that I have yet to try. I will do a review once I have used it!
 
 
I was also completely out of some running gels, so naturally I had to buy one of every flavour they had. Thank you, SportChek! I also got some clothes, but I will put those in another post where I'm actually wearing them or they are hanging up so they don't look quite as bad crumpled on the floor.
 
 
Just a reminder to keep working towards your goals! Set small ones every day for yourself to accomplish. Big picture goals are great, but tons of tiny ones will help you get there and make things fun along the way. My goal this past week was to run 30 miles, and I reached that by doing three miles today to cap it off. Whether your goal is simply to go to sleep earlier or sleep in a little (that's my goal tomorrow, although I accomplished that today & it felt AMAZING), it always feels good to reach it!
 
Hope you had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment